(44)

The entire family dispersed for the night, making their way to their own homes. After getting him to finally agree, Finn went back to Polly's.

Polly didn't say a word as she walked up the stairs, Ada trailing behind her. Michael was upstairs in his room by the time they got back.

Florence turned to look at Finn, her hand sliding into his. "Do you want a drink?" She asked. He turned his head to look at her, a small nod was given. She led them into the sitting room, and she poured two whiskeys.

"Are you okay?" Florence asked, her eyes soft.

"Yeah". Finn whispered as he knocked back his drink. Florence watched as he stood up, grabbing the bottle and pouring a larger glass.

"At least no one was hurt". Florence said softly.

Finn let out a scoff as he took a large gulp from his drink, his head nodding as he sat down. His hands held his face as he took deep breaths, his knee shaking.

Florence knelt down beside him, her two hands grabbing his knees. A few seconds had passed and the shaking had stopped. "Finn....your worrying me what's happened?" She asked.

"People....people died tonight". He answered, his hands falling from his face. His eyes found Florence's and this was one of the rare moments where she saw true emotion in Finn's eyes.

"How many?" She asked.

Finn shook his head, his hands grabbing her face. "I....I'm not going to tell you that Florence, I can't...". He answered. Finn's forehead was pressed against Florence's, his eyes shut.

"Then don't tell me....just know I'm here if you need to talk...if you need to get anything off your chest". She whispered. Florence squeezed Finn's knee, her own eyes shutting.

"Will you hate me if I tell you?" He asked.

"No". Florence whispered.

"Will you judge us all?" He asked.

"No Finn, I promise". Florences replied.

Finn moved away from her, his back relaxing into the chair. He opened his eyes, his hand moving a strand of hair from her face.

Florence watched Finn's face as he explained everything that happened, how hurt he was when he told her he tried to stop John and Arthur but he was too late.

"That's not your fault Finn". Florence whispered, her fingers trailing down his face.

"It was". He muttered, his eyes shutting.

"You did what you needed to do Finn. Charlie is home safe now, and your all home safe too. Try and sleep, you have a big day tomorrow and when you are fully ready we can really talk then". Florence said as she grabbed Finn's hands.

He nodded his head, a small sigh escaping his lips. "Will you stay with me tonight?" He asked.

Florence smiled as she nodded her head. "Of course". She answered.

They both got into bed, the covers were thrown over them. Finn pulled Florence tight into his arms, her head buried into his bare chest.

"Night Finn".

"Goodnight love".

Florence shut her eyes as Finn kissed her forehead softly, her small arms wrapping around his as tight as she could.

Neither of them would admit it to each other, but that night was the best night sleep both of them had in a very long time.