(67)

Being back in Small Heath made Florence somewhat happy. She was close to her friends again, which meant they could see each other daily. But it also brought back deep memories that Florence had tried to block out.

Florence was living with Tommy, Charles and Daniel. Next door was Arthur, Billy, Linda and Finn. Since the 'Christmas dinner' Florence hadn't seen much of Finn.

Florence decided that it was a good time to go for a walk. Tommy told her to stay close, and to not go to far. If she felt like she was being followed, she needed to get into somewhere quick and phone one of the family memembers.

Florence had her hands in her pocket as she walked, the frosty air hitting her face. She turned the corner and let out a loud gasp as she bumped into someone, there hands shooting out to grab her. "I didn't think you where that small Flo". A deep voice muttered.

A wide smile spread across Florence's face as she looked up at Bonnie. "Hello to you to Bon". She said.

Bonnie gave her a wide smile as he wrapped an arm around her, steering her the way he just came from. "So what you up to?" He asked. Florence smiled as she placed her head on his shoulder. "Just taking a walk, and yourself?" She responded.

"I was coming to find you actually". He replied.

Florence raised her eyebrow as she looked up at him. "Really? And why is that?" She asked, a smile on her face.

"Has Mr Shelby told you yet?" He asked.

Florence frowned, her head shaking. "You know there's like three Mr Shelby's Bon". She joked, a small smile on her face.

Bonnie rolled his eyes, tugging some of her hair. "Thomas". He muttered. He looked down at her, his smile still wide. "He's agreed to help me become a professional boxer. Yesterday, Thomas and Arthur set up there factory as like a makeshift boxing ring. One of there workers, Billy Mills, used to be a champion boxer. Well they made me fight him, and I knocked him out out. They agreed to get me in the sports buisness". He said.

Florence stopped walking, a wide smile on her face. "Are you being serious?" She asked.

Bonnie nodded his head, a wide smile on his face. "Yeah deadly serious". He answered.

"Oh Bonnie". Florence exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around him. "I am so proud of you, this has always been your dream". She muttered. Bonnie smiled widely as he hugged Florence back, his arms tight around her.

"And there is something else, close your eyes". He muttered.

Florence let out a small laugh as she placed her hands out, a small frown forming on her face as something soft was placed in her hands. She opened them and looked down, her mouth opening wide.

"Thomas said I'm one of them now, I'm a peaky blinder". He said.

Florence let out a small laugh, her eyes meeting his. "No way....put it on show me". She whispered, handing him back the hat.

Bonnie rolled his eyes as he placed it on his head, a wide smile on his face.

"Let's go have a celebration drink". She said, her smile wide. She grabbed him by the hand and pulled him to the garrison.

Once they ordered there drinks, they sat down. "I can't believe it. I'll come and watch all your matches". She said.

Bonnie smiled as he took a sip of his pint. "I'll have you in the corner with dad". He muttered. They both leaned forwards, letting out small laughs. All his life Bonnie dreamed of becoming a boxer, and now it was coming true.

Florence let out a loud laugh as Bonnie placed his hat on her head. "I think you should ask Mr Shelby for one". He said. Florence shook her head, her laughter continouning. What Florence didn't see was Finn coming out of the private room. He shook his head as he stormed off. He needed to forget about Florence completley, and there was only one way he could.