(12)

The rain in Small Heath was horrendous. Bartley had to shut the shop, because he was afraid the water would make its way in. He also had a serious meeting with Lee and a few other friends.

Florence didn't know what the meeting was about but her father had been tense in the morning. She could hear him muttering on the phone that he wasn't going to sell and that the family can go fuck themselves before he would even think about selling.

Florence didn't want to ask her father what he meant, and she decided to keep it that way. When her father was stressed he would say things he didn't mean and she currently had no energy to argue.

Daniel was out for a sleepover again, which left Florence alone. She didn't mind being alone, but sometimes her loneliness got to much.

There was a loud bang on her front door, which caused her to jump. When she opened the door, she was nearly pushed over as Tillie came rushing in.

"Sorry babe, the weather out there is horrible". Tillie cried.

Florence smiled and shut the door, her eyebrow raising as she looked at Tillie. "You forget your coat?" She asked.

Tillie turned around a wide smile on her face. "No silly. I want to do something today". She answered, grabbing onto Florence's hands.

"Like what?" Flo asked.

Tillie's smile widened. "Remember when we where like nine, and when it rained heavy we would lie out there and just look up at the sky and clouds? Can we do that again. We haven't done it in so long". She replied.

Florence raised her eyebrows and looked outside. "We'll catch our deaths out there Till". She whined.

"We won't I promise. Just for like ten, twenty minutes that's all". She pleaded.

Florence sighed and nodded her head, which caused Tillie to jump up and down. "Oh I love you". She muttered.

Florence had no idea why she agreed, as she lay there, her dress now soaking wet. Her head turned to look at Tillie who had her eyes closed, a small smile on her face.

"Your crazy". Florence whispered.

Tillie burst out laughing, her head turning to look at her. "Oh well. We're not going to be young forever Flo, we need to live our lives for the most of it". Tillie said.

Florence smiled as she looked up at the sky. Tillie placed her hand over Florence's, there hands intertwining.

"I'm done". Tillie said as she sat up.

Florence let out a laugh as she sat up, her head shaking. "Now what?" She asked.

Tillie smiled and pulled Florence up on her feet. "Tag your it". She answered.

"No Tillie". Florence whispered, letting out a laugh. Her hair was stuck to her face, her eyes soft as she looked at her friend.

"Your it". Tillie said, tapping her friend on the arm again. Florence rolled her eyes and nodded her head. "You better run". She muttered.

Florence chased Tillie down the path, tapping her in the back. "Your it". She screeched.

Florence darted past her, and ran as fast as her feet could take her. "Florence slow down I'm not that fast". Tillie shouted.

Florence turned her head, letting out a laugh. She let out a loud gasp as she collided with a strong chest, her body nearly knocking to the ground. A set of hands grabbed her arms, stopping the fall.

Florence turned her head to see a pissed off looking Finn Shelby looking at her. Beside him was Arthur and John.

"Sorry". She whispered, her cheeks turning red.

"Your it". Tillie shouted as she tapped her friends arm.

Florence was stuck in place as she looked into Finn's eyes, her mouth slightly open.

"Do you not have a coat?" He asked, as he looked at her body. Her dress was now clinging to her body.

Florence looked down at her dress, a small frown on her face. She was actually stuck for words, not knowing what to say to him.

"I...errr".

"Florence your it hurry up". Tillie shouted.

Florence looked up at Finn and smiled softly. "Sorry". She whispered again, before chasing Tillie.

John and Arthur smirked as they wrapped there arms around Finn.

"I think that girl has it mad for you brother". John muttered as he lead him towards the Garrison.

"Or is it you that's mad for her? If that was anyone else, you would of said something to them". Arthur teased.

Finn gave his brothers a glare as he marched into the pub. "I don't like her at all ". He snapped as he stormed away.