(51)

After dinner with the Gold's, Florence walked back towards Garrison Lane. It was like a weight was lifted off her shoulders after telling the people she saw as a family what had truly happened.

Her eyes peered up at the Garrison, a small sigh escaping her lips. One drink wouldn't hurt before she made the long, strenuous walk back to Tommy's.

She walked into the crowded Garrison, her facial features soft. She walked towards the bar and smiled softly. "Hi...can I have a glass of whisky please?" She asked.

Micky smiled and poured her a glass, because she was close to the Shelby's he knew her drinks were on the house.

Florence grabbed the glass, taking a small sip from her drink. There had clearly been a football match on earlier on in the day, because the entire team were celebrating in the pub.

"Hello, beautiful". A man said as he wrapped his arm around her. Flo frowned and turned to look at him.

"What you doing in a place like this all by yourself?" He asked.

"I...." Flo didn't know how to answer, she was never put in these situations before.

"Want to join me and my friends? We promise we'll look after you and show you a good time?" He asked as he nodded his head towards his friends.

Flo looked at four men, her blood running cold. She turned her head to look at the man. "No....no I'm okay thank you". She answered.

"Why not? I promise we won't bite. My names William". He said, smiling widely. Flo turned her head in disgust at the man's yellow teeth.

The doors opened behind them, and Flo noticed how silent the room had got. She turned her head to look at Finn as he stood there, behind him were five boys his age. All of them apart of the Peaky Blinders.

His eyes drifted to Flo for a moment, his jaw clenching as he looked at how uncomfortable she was. They hadn't spoken since there kiss, but right now Flo didn't care. She just wanted Finn to come and save her.

He walked over towards them, his eyebrow raised. By now the man's friends had joined them, they where sending glares towards Finn.

"Can I help you?" William asked, his arm sliding down Flo's back.

"Yeah...yeah you can help me. Why have you got your arm around her for?" He asked.

William smirked as he looked at Flo. "Just wanted to see if she wanted to join us for drinks that's all. Why...is she your girl?" He asked. His friends all laughed, which caused Finn's blood to boil.

"What? The cat caught your tongue now son?" William asked.

"No...no I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do to you. Get your hands of her now". He replied.

"Or what?" William asked.

"I'll show you". Finn answered as he pulled out his gun, pointing it straight towards William. Flo watched as Finn's friends did the same, there guns pointed at the men.

"I'll count down to five, if you haven't gotten you hands of her, your brains will be all over this bar". Finn threatened.

"Come on. Listen to him, he's a Shelby". Flo heard a man whisper.

William immediately moved away from Flo, his hands raised. "I'm sorry Mr Shelby, just a misunderstanding that's all". He said. He pushed his friends back to there table.

Finn put his gun away, his eyes on everyone. "Bottle of whisky and six glasses when your ready Micky". He muttered.

His eyes landed in Flo as he looked her up and down. "I'll meet you in there". He muttered to his friends. Flo watched as they all walked into the private room.

"You alright?" He asked.

Flo nodded her head as she looked at him. "I'm okay". She whispered.

Finn nodded his head and cleared his throat. "Grab your drink, you can join us for the night". He muttered. He opened the door and waited until she was inside before closing the door.

Flo smiled awkwardly at the boys, as she was holding the glass tightly in her hands.

"Gypsy girl how are you beautiful?". Paul asked, a large smile on his face.

Florence sat down, a small smile spreading slowly across her own face. "I'm good Paul, how are you?" She replied.

"All good now that your here". He answered, a wide grin on his face.

"The names David". Another boy said as he placed his hand out for her to shake. Flo smiled and shook his hand.

"Louis".

"Warren".

"Theodore, but everyone calls me Theo".

Flo smiled at them all, her eyes drifting up to Finn. He pulled of his coat and hat and let out a loud sigh. Micky walked in placing the tray onto the table. "Anything else Mr Shelby?" He asked.

Finn lighted up his cigarette and shook his head. He sat down beside Flo. "No...that will be all thank you". He answered.

Flo took a sip of her drink and placed her glass on the table. Her coat was still on as she was too anxious to take it off.

"You want to play a game with us?" Paul asked as he started to shuffle the cards.

Flo opened her mouth to speak but Finn interrupted her. "Yeah she will, just beware she is a sore loser and will tell you that you cheated". He said as he leaned forwards, tapping his ash into the tray.

Flo turned her head to look at him as she let out a little laugh. "Maybe because it's the truth?" She asked.

Finn shook his head as he grabbed his stack of cards. They played for what felt like hours. Flo won one game, which caused the boys to say she cheated.

Flo let out a laugh as she rested her head on Finn shoulder, the whisky now getting to her head. "I didn't". She said.

Paul smirked and nodded his head. "I'm watching you". He teased. Flo let out a laugh as she turned her head to look at Finn, her smiled getting bigger.

"Well I think we might call it a early night, need to be up early. It was amazing meeting you Flo, need to come out with us more". Lawrence said as he stood up.

Flo smiled and waved the boys goodbye. She grabbed the bottle and poured the remaining contents into their glasses. "Tonight was fun". She whispered, a small smile on her face.

Finn nodded his head and turned his head to look at her, his jaw tightening. Flo raised her glass to her mouth and took a sip. Her head turned to look at him as she smiled.

"About the other day when we....kissed". Finn muttered.

Flo nodded as she took a large gulp from her drink, she wasn't ready for this talk yet. She placed her empty glass on the table and looked at Finn as he didn't speak.

Instead he grabbed her face, kissing her once again. Flo melted into the kiss, her arms wrapping around his neck. Finn's hands fell from her face as they landed on her waist, pulling her closer to him.

Flo didn't know if it was the wine or the kiss, but something was going straight to her head.

Finn pulled her into his lap, his hands moving away her hair. Flo's hands made her way towards his hair, the feeling of his soft curls where on her palms and fingers.

Flo didn't understand her feelings right now, but if she could try and describe them it would be love.