(10)

Time was going so slowly, and even though Florence had been at work for three hours, it felt like an eternity. The bell rang above the door, causing Florence to look up.

"Hello, beautiful". Tillie's loud voice shouted, filling up the shop. Eddie followed her, a wide smile on his own face.

"Hey". Florence said softly.

"You coming pub with us after work?" Tillie asked, a sweet smile on her face as she tapped her nails on the countertop. Eddie had a hopeful smile on his face.

"I don't know". She replied, a small smile on her own face.

"Oh please Flo, please come. Isn't Dan with Charlotte tonight? And your father is at Lee's. Please it will be good, we will all have an amazing night. Please come". Tillie cried, her hands grabbing Flo's.

"Fine. I'll come but I'm not staying long". She said.

Eddie smirked as he leaned on the counter. "Shut up, you know you'll be there until they kick us out". He muttered, sending her a small wink.

Florence rolled her eyes, her head nodding. "Whatever. No go away, I need to work". She snapped, a small smirk spreading across her face.

"Meet us at the Garrison when you finish," Tillie said as she pushed herself from the counter, her arm hooking through Eddie's.

Florence nodded as she waved goodbye to her friends, her eyes rolling slightly.

The day slowly dragged and Florence found herself becoming even more bored. It soon hit six which meant it was closing time. The shutters came down as she twisted the key, the cold air making Florence shiver.

Florence stood up straight, pulling her hair out from her plait. Her head turned as someone walked past, her eyes rolling.

"You not going to say hello?" Finn asked, a cigarette hanging from his mouth.

Florence scoffed as they walked beside each other, it was apparent they were going to the same place. "Hello, Mr Shelby". She answered.

Finn shot her a glare, his dead cigarette rolling on the ground as he threw it. "You really need to watch where you're going by the way". He muttered.

Florence turned to look at him, her eyes going angry. "It was an accident, my friend tripped and pushed me". She snapped.

Finn stopped walking as he turned to look at her. Florence knew in her head she should continue to walk, but she too stopped.

"I don't know what your problem is. You asked me to tell you what I thought about you. It's not my fault you got offended". Finn snapped.

"Offended? You told me I was weak Finn, you don't know me at all. You told me I was weak so yes I was offended, I'm sure anyone with a brain and a heart would be offended". She shouted.

Florence shot him a glare as she stormed off, pushing the doors to the Garrison open.

"Yes, Florence baby". Tillie shouted as she stood up. Herself and Eddie were both already drunk, but Florence didn't care. She herself needed a drink.

"Whisky please". She muttered.

Micky nodded his head as he poured her a whisky, pushing it her way. Florence turned her head as Finn walked in, her eyes going harsh as she knocked back the drink. She turned to Micky, pushing him back the glass.

He raised his eyebrow as he pushed her refilled glass back, deciding to not say anything.

Florence sat down with her friends, her jaw tight. "You okay?" Eddie asked, a frown on his face. Florence forced a smile as she nodded her head. "Yeah...just a bad day at work". She muttered, her head turning to look at where Finn was standing. He wasn't there, so she knew he went into the private room the Shelby's sat in.