(18)

What's scarier then heartbreak? Florence always wanted to know, and now she did. Her family was breaking down in front of her and there was nothing she could do.

It had been two days, two days since the Shelby family claimed the shop for themselves, and it had been two days since she had last seen her father.

Florence was currently sitting beside Daniel, her arm wrapped around his as she listened to a story he was reading. Her mind was somewhere else, thinking and worrying about how things would change.

She guessed her father was out drinking, because that's what he did when he was angry, or stressed out. At that moment, the hate Florence had for the Shelby family was strong.

"Can we go for a walk?" Daniel asked, his soft blue eyes peering up at her. Florence smiled and nodded her head, her fingers gently moving some of his hair from his face.

"Of course bubs. Go put your coat on". She whispered.

Florence still sat there whilst Daniel ran to the coat rack. She was worried, her father never left them in their lives. Maybe he left like mum? She thought to herself. Flo shook her head, not believing her father would leave them like that.

"I'm ready". Daniel shouted, his smile wide.

Florence turned to look at him, a soft smile on her face. She grabbed her own coat, slipping her arms through it. Once she made sure the door was shut, they set off.

"Where's daddy?" Daniel asked, his small hand in Florence's.

"Daddy....he's on a business trip at the moment. He'll be home soon". Florence answered.

Daniel smiled and ran ahead, jumping into some puddles. Florence wrapped her arms around her body, her eyes on the ground.

They walked for about ten minutes, Florence's head was in the clouds again. She didn't come to her senses until she heard Daniel shouting.

Florence's head shot up, her eyes on the flower shop that she spent most of her life in.

"What are they doing?" Daniel cried, his small chubby fingers pointing towards the shop.

Florence stepped forwards, blinded by anger.

Tommy stood their, a sheet of paper in his hands as he talked to some men. The rest of the Shelby boys where there too. Arthur was sitting down, a cigarette and paper in his hand.

John and Finn stood near him, the two of them laughing. Near by stood Michael Gray, a cigarette hanging from his own mouth.

Tommy frowned as he stumbled slightly, a set of small hands shoving him.

"You didn't wait long did you". She screamed.

Arthur shot to his feet, the paper falling to the ground. John, Finn and Michael all turned to look at the fiery red head.

Tommy raised his hand as some men stepped forwards. "Florence". He whispered.

"No". Flo shouted, stepping back slightly. "How dare you? People have orders for these flowers and your just getting rid of them? And what you doing with the place? Hmmmm? Making it into a whore house where you can all go". She shouted.