(57)

A few months had passed and Finn completely ignored Florence's existence. If he walked into a room and she was in there he would walk out. And if he was in the room and she walked in, he would walk out.

At first, Flo tried talking to him, but there was no use. He didn't want to talk.

Florence and Bonnie had grown closer in this time, and although nothing happened between them, Finn didn't see it that way.

He was told that Florence would go to the camp three times a week. Although she went to see the rest of the Gold family, he truly believed it was because she was seeing Bonnie.

Finn was angry, more so angry at himself. For ages, he was angry at Tommy for getting the family sent away, and when they came back he believed they would all be back together.

But he was wrong. They left to do their own things.

John moved with Esme and the kids to the country. When he talked to John, he said all they did was argue and have sex.

Arthur and Linda moved away with their baby, and Arthur had changed for the good.

Polly was doing reading and talking to the dead, and although he was concerned for his aunt. She didn't want to talk about it.

Michael said that the cocaine was the only thing that helped him, and at that time that was the only thing helping Finn.

In truth, he didn't mean to push Florence away. But he didn't know how to talk about his emotions or feelings.

Finn was currently sitting in Tommy's house, a glass of whisky in his hand. Tommy was sitting beside him, he was only recently back from London.

His eyes landed on Ada, who was sitting in the armchair, her eyebrow raised. "Have you seen any of them, Tommy?" She asked.

"They don't want to see me". He muttered.

Finn stopped listening to his siblings, his eyes landing on Florence. She was helping Charles and Daniel decorate the Christmas tree. She had a small smile on her face as she handed Charles a decoration.

Florence turned her head, her eyes finding Finn's. They looked at each other for a few minutes.

Florence turned away as she smiled softly at her brother, her fingers running through his hair. "I'm just going to the toilet, and when we come back I'll read you a story and get you tucked up into bed". She said softly.

Florence walked away, unaware of the set of eyes following her. She stepped into the long corridor, her fingers running along the walls as she softly hummed to herself.

As she stepped into the toilet, she gently shut the door. A soft sigh escaped her lips. She sat on the toilet, a small frown on her face.

Ada had asked earlier in the evening what had happened between Finn and herself. Ada's reply simply was. "The Shelby men are severely stubborn men, the only realise what they've lost when they need it the most".

After washing her hands she stepped out of the toilet, shutting the door softly behind her. As she walked down the long hall again, she looked up. Stopping in her tracks.

"Where are you off to?" She asked.

Finn looked up as he pulled on his coat, his eyes finding her own. "I'm meeting the boys". He answered.

Florence nodded, her eyes landing on her feet. "Okay...stay safe". She whispered. She moved away, stepping back into the sitting room.

"Come on then boys". She said softly, her hands out. They both rushed towards her, grabbing her hands.

Florence made her way up the stairs, her eyes finding Finn's as she looked at the front door. He looked up at her with conflict in his eyes. He turned around quickly slamming the doors behind him.

Florence continued to walk up the stairs, a sad sigh escaping her lips.