(70)

Florence stepped into the already packed Garrison, her eyes on the private door. She opened it, quickly stepping in. "Hello". She said, a smile on her face. It dropped when she saw the expression's on everyone else's.

Tillie was sitting there, with her arms crossed. Her eyes on Isiah as she glared at him. Isiah, Paul, Theo and Joe all sat there with sad looks and Eddie was sitting there with a angry look. "What have I just walked into?" Florence asked, a eyebrow raised.

Florence frowned when she looked at Tillie. "What the hell happened to your face? Have you done something to her?" Florence asked Isiah, a angry look going his way.

"What no...why would you think I'd lay a hand on her. I never would". Isiah shouted.

"It wasn't Isiah I promise you". Tillie whispered as she stood up, her hands grabbing Flo's. She led her to the table, sitting her down.

"What's happened? I'm worried". Florence said.

"Look...we love you, we do..But it wasn't our place to tell you okay? I'm sorry". Isiah muttered, his eyes now on his lap.

"Tell me what?" Florence asked. She looked at Eddie and Tillie, a frown on her face. "What's happened?" She asked.

"Eddie and I...we were walking...and.." Tillie stopped to look at Eddie. He looked up, his eyes meeting Florence's.

"We were walking and there was a group of girls coming our way". He muttered.

Florence nodded her head, her hands still in Tillie's.

"They stopped us, and they where talking...about Finn". Tillie muttered, her eyes on Eddie for a moment. "So I said what did you say. This one girl stepped forwards and said 'Tell your little ginger friend that Finn isn't so pure afterall'. She then went into detail that she slept with him. I'm sorry Flo. I snapped and we started to argue. I thought she was lying. She hit me in the face and said 'ask him yourself'. We came straight here, and they boys...even though they haven't said it out loud..from there reactions we could tell it happened". Tillie explained.

Florence looked over at the boys who where now looking over at her. She sent them a small smile as she looked back at her two best friends. "Thanks for telling me and I'm sorry that you got hit". Florence whispered.

She stood up, grabbing her handbag. "I better be off, I forgot that I was meant to read Charles and Daniel some of there book to them". She muttered.

"Flo...Please stay". Tillie said.

"I'm okay honestly, I have to be up early anyway..Tommy want's me back at the shop". Florence said, a forced smile on her face.

"Do you want me to walk you back?" Tillie asked as she went to stand.

Flo smiled as she shook her head gently. "I'll be okay Till". She whispered. She opened the door and stepped out, the door shutting behind her.

Florence stepped outside. It was now pouring down with rain. Her lips where clenched together as she walked down the road. She couldn't be angry at him, they weren't together anymore. But a part of her was angry. She was extremley angry.

She didn't think of anyone else that way, yet Finn did.

Florence looked up, her eyes meeting Tommys and Finn's. "Hey". Tommy said softly.

Florence looked at the two brothers, her eyes dull. "Hello". She muttered. She stepped past them, opening the door and rushing up the stairs.

"Finn". Isiah shouted as he ran down the road, his cap shielding him from the rain. He looked at the two brothers, before looking at Finn again. "She knows". He muttered.

Tommy looked down at his brother, his eyes expressionless. They spent ten minutes in the office, with him giving his younger brother advise on what he should do. "Go". Tommy muttered, a small sigh escaping his lips.

He watched as Finn rushed up the stairs, hoping it would be a civilised conversation.

Florence was currently peeling of her wet coat, throwing it in the corner. The boys where in bed ages ago, she used them as a excuse to get away, so she could be alone. Her bedroom door opened and she turned around, her eyes finding the one person that she didn't want to see.

He shut the door, his eyes only on her. "Can we talk?" He asked. Florence nodded her head as she sat on the bed. She pulled of her boots, gently chucking them in the corner.

"I know that you know". He said. He was standing, only a few meters from her. He watched as Florence pulled off her tights, throwing them in a hamper. "Yeah". She muttered, standing up.

She walked to the corner where her folding screen.

Finn sighed as he sat down on her bed, his hands on his lap. "I wanted to tell you, I really did". He said. Finn didn't know exactly what to say to her, as all the words that Tommy had said where long gone now.

Florence stepped out from behind the folding screen, her dress going into the hamper. She sat down, brushing her hair. "It's okay". She said.

Finn frowned and looked at her, his eyes looking at her open back. The night dress showed more skin that she probably knew. A long belt mark scar went down her back, and Finn's eyes shut straight away. Florence pulled her hair into a ponytail, the little crucifix laid perfectly around her neck.

"It's not okay Florence". He whispered.

"We aren't together anymore Finn. You said we should be friends, so this is what I'm doing. I'm giving you what you want. If we can't be together than I'd rather us be friends". Florence said. She turned around, her eyes finally meeting his.

Finn looked at her, and looked at her entire body. She was the most beautiful girl that ever existed, and because of his pride he threw her away. "We both know we can't just be friends". He whispered.

Florence stood up, walking past him. She grabbed her matches, lighting a candle beside her bed. "Yeah...but we both need to see the bigger picture. Maybe we aren't made for each other. We can't be together, and we could never be friends". She said, sitting down beside him.

"You really think that?" He asked.

Florence looked at him, her hands clenched together. "I don't know what to believe anymore. I want to believe that we can be friends, I want to believe that one day we could get back together, but I...I have to open my eyes and maybe realise that it won't be like that". Florence answered.

"I made a mistake okay, I know that...I...I can't say what I want to say because you won't believe me...but I saw you and Bonnie, and I saw red. So i left the pub, and I wanted to forget you". He said.

"By falling into the arms of another woman?" Florence asked.

"What did you want me to do Florence? Now that your little best friend is working with Tommy, he's going to be around all the fucking time". Finn answered.

"What is your actual problem with Bonnie? Have you even spoken to him? Arthur and Tommy like him". Florence snapped.

"Arthur is not right in the head at the moment so he doesn't know what's right and wrong, and wake up Florence. Tommy doesn't like him, he's only using him. He may have a cap, but that doesn't make him one of us". He shouted.

Florence looked at Finn, her eyes harsh. "This....this is why we can't be friends Finn. Just leave please, I don't want the boys waking up". She whispered.

"And you wonder why I did what I did? Your to immature Florence, to weak". He spat as he stormed out.

Florence placed her hands over her mouth, her eyes clenching shut at his words.

"Do you want a drink?" Tommy asked from the door way.

Florence shook her head as she lay down. "I'm okay thank you". She whispered as she lay down.