(64)

Flo sat beside Daniel, her arms wrapped around him. Her head turned as Michael and Finn walked into the room, their eyes on  Tommy.

The night before was terrible, Ada had come around and Tommy told her the plan to get the whole family down to Charlie's yard, for their safety. After that Florence heard screams coming from the kitchen and when Tommy returned he was covered in blood. She didn't ask what had happened, as she knew it wasn't her place to.

"I just got in touch with Arthur, he's on his way now with Billy and Linda. We still haven't been able to get in touch with John. He won't pick up the phone". Finn announced.

"Right Micheal, I want you to go up there and grab him. Get him to come down with Esme and the kids. We need to be together today. Finn, I want you to go grab Ada and Polly, come back here and when we are all together we will go to Charlie's". Tommy muttered.

"Let me get John, Michael doesn't know his way there". Finn argued.

"No....Finn I need you down here okay? Michael, these are the directions to Johns, now go". Tommy said as he handed a folded piece of paper over to Michael.

"I'll go with him if you like". Florence said as she stood up. She'd rather help, than sit around doing nothing.

Tommy turned to look at her, his head shaking. "No...no go with Finn and make sure that Polly and Ada get here. Make sure no one follows you back, keep an eye out". He muttered.

Florence turned to Daniel and smiled softly. "I'm heading out for a bit okay? You stay here with Charlie and play with him for a bit. I'll be back soon and I promise that we will have a good Christmas...I promise". She said softly.

Daniel frowned as he looked up at his sister, his head nodding slightly. "Okay...please stay safe". He whispered as he hugged her tight.

Florence turned around her eyes finding Finn's. He gave her a small nod before walking out of the house. "Be careful Michael". Florence whispered, as she gave him a quick hug. She rushed out of the house, trying to catch up with Finn.

Finn's face was hard as they got into the car, his hands gripping the steering wheel. He pulled out of the drive fast, trying to get to Polly's house quickly.

"What...what does it really mean? The black hand? Tommy won't tell me he just said it's a threat". Florence asked.

Finn sighed, his head shaking as he turned to look at her. "Fuck sake Flo, I don't want you getting involved in any of this. I told you that you will get hurt, that's why we shouldn't be together and now you will get hurt if he finds out how much I care for you...how much we care for you". He snapped. He turned to look at the road again, his jaw twitching.

"Lizzie Stark was seeing a man called Angel Changretta". He muttered.

Flo nodded her head. "Yeah I remember Angel, he came into the flower shop a few times to buy some flowers". She said.

"Well...his place got blown up on the day of Tommy's and Grace's wedding. Vincente, the father of Angel wanted a meeting, to ask why it was done. He got angry when John made a joke about his son, and then later on John cut Angel. Vincente was angry, so he told Tommy that John was a dead man. Tommy ordered John and Arthur to take all his pubs, and Vincente ordered a man to kill Tommy. But Grace got hit instead". Finn explained.

He turned to look at Flo again. "John and Arthur killed Angel, then took Vincente for Tommy to kill. But it was Arthur who did the shooting. The Black Hand is a threat sent from the mafia, so Tommy told you the truth there. Luca Changretta is Vincente's son, and now he's looking for revenge. There is a reason we didn't want you getting involved in any of this Florence. There are too many bad people in this world". He whispered.