(21)

❌❌ TRIGGER WARNING ❌❌

Florence looked up at her house, her eyes wavering around the place. All the lights were off, which meant her father was either still out drinking or passed out drunk. Both were false.

"Florence wait". A voice called out.

Florence turned her body, a look of fear flooding over her face as she rushed towards the face. "Finn you can't be here". She whispered as she pushed him away.

Once she knew they were out of sight from any windows, she looked up at him in fear. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I....I don't know I wanted to make sure you got home safe". He answered.

Florence frowned as she took a step back. "I told you I was fine. You need to leave". She whispered, her head turning back to look at the house.

"Why? Because your father will be mad if he sees me? What's he going to do Boswell, nothing". He muttered.

Florence turned to look at him again, her eyes turning soft. "He will be mad Finn, he will be really mad. If you forgot, you and your brothers took the shop from him. He hasn't forgotten and he's still angry. I don't know what he would do if he saw you here". She replied. Florence lied, she knew exactly what he would do.

"He's angry enough to hit his own kid". He muttered.

Florence shot him a glare, her head shaking. "Don't....don't say that. He hasn't done that at all. Just go away Finn, I need to get inside". She snapped.

Florence watched as Finn nodded his head, his tongue running over his bottom lip. "Fine. Go inside, watch what your father does to you. But I'm telling you now, I find out he's done this to you, if I find out he's laid another hand on you I will kill him". He said.

Once Finn was gone, Florence turned back to the house. Her hand grabbed the doorknob, her breathing becoming erratic. She pushed the door open, stepping inside. She shut the door softly, her back pressing against it.

The light turned on and she stopped dead in her tracks. Her body was frozen in place, her face dropping.

"You must have one fucking death wish kid". Bartley muttered.

He stood up and slowly walked over to his daughter. He stood behind her, and towered over her. Florence could smell the alcohol dripping from him.

Flo looked down at the ground, her eyes clenched shut.

"What were you doing with them? Why were you with them? I asked you to stay away from them but you didn't? What do I have to do hmmm? Beat it into you". He screamed.

Flo let out a scream as he grabbed her hair, pulling at it hard. "No. Daddy please no". She cried, her feet kicking at the ground as she tried to stop him from dragging her any further.

Bartley threw his daughter to the ground, his eyes wide. "You disobeyed me Florence. YOUR A TRAITOR". He screamed.

He shook his head as he pulled off his belt, his eyes filled with so much anger it made Flo's eyes hurt.

"I don't want to hurt you, baby. I'm not doing this because I want to. I need to do this. I need to knock some sense into your head. You lied to me. You promised me you would stay away from them, and you didn't. They took everything from me. EVERYTHING". He shouted.

Flo let out an excruciating scream, as he hit her with the belt. He continued to hit her, until she stopped screaming.

Flo was curled up on the floor, passed out from the pain.