REGULUS BLACK ~ The Ball

"What the actual fuck?!" Regulus shouted.

You rolled your eyes, "Oh, don't give me that! It's you're own fault we weren't there together!"

"Oh my- Ariella!" he groaned in frustration, rubbing a hand across his face, "I don't exactly enjoy seeing dancing with another boy who is clearly head over heels for you!"

"Well maybe...just maybe, it wouldn't be like that if you just came to the ball with me instead!"

Ok, backstory...

Earlier that day

You were so excited. You had just finished buying everything you needed for one of Slughorn's massive balls. You had also bought the perfect thing that, not only made you feel like the best person in the world, but was also something that your boyfriend, Regulus, would love- it was the perfect amount of elegant yet discreetly sexy.

It had taken you so longto find the dress...so. damn. long. Regulus had better appreciate it.

After buying the dress, you made your way up to Regulus' dorm. He was lying on his bed, reading a book while fiddling with one of the rings on his finger. And he wasn't wearing a shirt...as usual- not that you were complaining.

He looked up to you and smiled lightly, "Hello, darling."

You grinned, walking to the bed, "Hey, baby."

He moved the book to the side and sat up so that you could go and lie down on his chest as he played with your hair.

"Hey, Reg?" you muttered.

"Yes, princess?" he replied.

"Are we going to the ball together?"

You didn't want to ask him. In fact, you were kind of waiting for him to ask you...even though being dates to the ball was kind of a given, considering the fact you were dating.

Regulus stopped playing with your hair, "The ball? No. I'm not going to the ball."

You sat up, moving off of him and frowning, "What? Why?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"I'm not going to that stupid thing!"

You huffed and stood up, as did he.

"Regulus, I always do the things you want me to do! I go to places you want me to go to even if I don't want to! I'm just asking for this once if you could come to one single thing that I want to do!"

"No!" he retorted.

Merlin. This boy was definitely a Black. He inherrited the goddamn stubborn genes... and selfishness at that.

"Newsflash: everything's about you!" you shouted. You were really getting annoyed at how selfish he could be sometimes. You did everything he wanted to do together...this was just one thing you were asking for! "So, I hate to break it to you, but it doesn't hurt to think about what your own girlfriend might want to do for once in your life!"

"Well if you're so determined to have a date to go to the ball with, then by all means, please, go find one!" he yelled.

You scoffed, "Maybe I will." And with that you stormed out.

---

Regulus didn't think you'd actually follow through with it.

But cry him a river because you did.