REMUS LUPIN ~ Right Person, Wrong Time pt. 2

thought I may as well finish Right Person, Wrong time?? and as if I didn't mention a gabajabazillion times in my previous a/n, I'm just getting back ito writing so let's cut a fuckton of slack...

"I love you, Adeline. But I can't do this. And you're not ready either."

RIGHT PERSON, WRONG TIME

It was a few days later and ever since the Potions lesson, you found that Remus had been more distant with you than ever. You wanted to talk to him about it, but found it unecessary do start a whole thing when it was probably just nothing.

You had been talking to Lily and Marlene about it to see if they could help.

"Adeline-"

"Lina."

"Lina, all you should do is talk to him," Marlene spoke.

Lily nodded, "Exactly. If you put it off for longer and longer and then finally talk about it, he'll wonder why you never brought it up sooner. It's best t-"

"OI! What's with all the solemn faces, losers?" Sirius and James walked in with grins. Sirius plopped down on the sofa next to Marlene, wrapping his arm around her (unspeakably immaculate rizz) but she shoved it off quickly (oh nvm). James tried to do the same thing after sitting next to Lily but she slapped it off without hesitation.

"So, Lina, what's the matter?" Sirius questioned.

"Yeah, trouble in paradise?" James smirked.

Lily glared at James and he gasped, "Oh, so there is. To do with Remus? Why didn't you come to us?!"

He looked absolutely horrified at the thought of you going to Lily and Marlene instead of him, Sirius and Peter.

You huffed, "Because if I told you guys, there is no doubt that you would tell Remus."

James scoffed, "Adeline!" he put a hand to his heart, "That is not even the slightest bit true-"

"No, she's definitely right, mate," Sirius nodded.

"Yeah it's highly possible," James quickly agreed.

You rolled your eyes, "James, Sirius, everything's fine."

Sirius frowned, "You're lying. Everything's not fine. There was going to be a 'but' in that sentence. There's supposed to be a 'but' in that sentence. And I'm going to find that 'but' and drill down on it."

"Come on, mate, you've got to know how that sounds," James frowned.

"We're leaving," Lily muttered ,getting up with Marlene, "See you later, Lina."

James and Sirius scooched (i despise that word) closer to you, looking at you eagerly, "Soooo..." they said in unison.

You raised a brow, "Soooo...?"

James huffed, "You have to tell us!"

You sighed, "I'm not saying shit. But now that you two know that at least something is going on, you can't act weird with Remus."

"Pshhhht," Sirius replied, "We won't act weird."

"Yeah, we got this in the bag," James agreed. 

Remus soon walked in, looking at you immediately and smiling lightly, "Hi, sweetheart."

"Hey, girlita!" Sirius immediately said. 

"Oooo, fresh hair-do?" James winked.

You gaped at them, "You had one job."