{SPN} Azazel Foreshadowing

So I was in the library reading a book on angels, as you do, and I stumbled upon an entry about Azazel.

And DAMMIT SUPERNATURAL AND ITS EXTENSIVE FORESHADOWING AND THINGS WE DIDN'T CATCH BEFORE.

Apparently Azazel's name essentially means "Who God strengthens" and he is associated with scapegoating, AKA someone who is blamed for someone else's wrongdoings.

The whole reason Sam and Dean's lives went down the way they did was because Azazel made a deal with Mary and killed her. But the whole reason that happened was because Chuck wrote it to be so, and Sam and Dean only exist because Heaven insisted Mary and John had to be together. John, Sam, and Dean dedicated their entire lives to "Finding the thing that killed mom," and assumed it was Azazel.

But really...it wasn't Azazel's plan. It was Chuck's. Azazel was Chuck's scapegoat, so they wouldn't think to blame him. AND since Azazel was so powerful and thought he was in control of the plan, he was strong. Chuck made him strong because he's "Who God strengthens"

SO CHUCK WAS THE VILLAIN ALL ALONG YES, BUT THE WRITERS KNEW THIS ENOUGH TO MAKE THE DEMON THAT KILLED MARY AZAZEL, AKA THE ONE GOD STRENGTHENED IN ORDER TO BE HIS SCAPEGOAT.

MY MIND IS KIND OF EXPLODING, WHAT THE HELL ERIC.

The other interesting thing I found was in a book about symbols, namely, the symbol of a forest, say, like the forest of Purgatory?

"The forest is where fears are confronted and a true understanding of self emerges"

.....And it's also repeatedly where Dean confronts and doesn't hide his feelings for Cas.

Just sayin.

These are all interesting things. *sips tea*