{SPN} AU Foreshadowing

That moment you realize that not only are the Ghostfacers STILL the longest surviving characters on the show, but that WE SHOULD'VE SEEN THE MULTIPLE UNIVERSE PLOT COMING FROM A MILE AWAY????

Everyone remembers The French Mistake, yes? Good.

There were so many episodes, particularly between season 1-5, that should've been seen as foreshadowing for the plots of seasons  12-15.

Think about it. 

The show has never hidden from us the possibility of other Sam and Deans existing before. There was the episode where the angels trapped them in a business office, letting the boys believe they were Dean Smith and Sam Wesson (I see you writers with the gun brand last names, I see you). There was the entire forth wall smash of The French Mistake, The one where the Titanic never sank, the Croatoan Apocalypse future Dean visited, etc.

We've been given AU Sam and Deans for YEARS and yet still, I never saw it coming.

The scary part?

Most of these AU's were made by angels, specifically Zachariah, Gabriel, and Balthazar.

So what if Chuck entrusted the truth about the multiple universes to a few select angels? Specifically the archangels, I'm gonna guess. 

Lucifer, being in the cage, couldn't do anything about it and never cared much as he was too focused on destroying the world he was in.

Gabriel just used the knowledge to make time loop and cartoon universes for the Winchesters to get dropped in. He used it entirely for his own amusement.

Michael, being a stickler for the rules, never did anything with it. But Zachariah was a high ranking angel that worked under Michael. Is it too far of a stretch to assume that Michael told Zach about the universes either as a reward or some sort or as a potential way to get Dean to say yes to him for the apocalypse? After all, Zachariah uses the AU's solely as a way to convince Dean to say yes, even though it fails every time he tries.

And Balthazar is a sneaky little shit, and Gabriel is Gabriel. Obviously Gabe was showing off about it and told Balthazar or Balthazar just eavesdropped and learned about it. Either way, he used it to help Castiel, and probably for his own amusement at some point or another.

The angels knew about the multiple universes, and did nothing about it. Just another secret they kept from Castiel and everyone else.

We should've known Chuck was bad ages ago. 

And, speaking of Chuck.....

We saw what he did to Becky when she read his ending, and as he wants a fan's approval, who do you imagine he went to next?

I have a decent guess.

I'm highly concerned about the fate of Marie right now