{SPN} Jack's Birthday

Something that bugs me about the last two seasons or SPN is that we never got to see Jack's birthday. He was 2 as of Season 14, which means that NEITHER YEAR they chose to us it.

But imagine his first birthday in the bunker.

A couple weeks before, Sam, Dean, and Cas realize that his birthday is coming up- Jack doesn't understand what a birthday is so his dads try to teach him.

Sam and Dean looking back at all their crappy birthdays in the past and deciding that they don't want Jack to dread his birthday the way they do- they want him to enjoy it, like a kid should.

So Cas puts up streamers and other pathetic decorations he found at a Dollar store (including a banner that says Happy Birthday, which is in bright pink but nobody really cares).

Dean makes burgers and a pie because, in his opinion, cake sucks and Birthday pie is their tradition, and he knows Jack likes hamburgers just like Cas does.

Sam goes out and buys a ton of Nougat candy bars and books (like Harry Potter and other books normal kids read) as presents and he, Cas, and Dean sign a card and wrap the gifts while Jack is asleep.

And then they all burst into Jack's room on the morning of his birthday with noise makers and they wake him up and put one of those stupid paper party hats on him and hug him and wish him a Happy Birthday.

Jack has never felt so spoiled and purely loved as he does when he sees the decorations and the food and how hard his dads worked to make it a good day for him. He doesn't stop smiling for the whole day, and neither does his parents because for once, it's a good day, monster free, and it's so rare that they ever get that priviledge.

And the boys apologize that there aren't more people there, but Jack doesn't care because he doesn't really have friends anyways and the only people he wanted there were his family.

And Sam goes around snapping pictures all day (he got a great one of Jack beaming while sitting before his birthday pie, which Dean had stuck a giant candle with the number 1 on).

The four of them just spend the whole day together, watching movies and being the loving, though a little broken, family they are.

AND IT'S PURE AND IT'S HAPPY, AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHY DO WE NEVER GET TO SEE ANYTHING THAT MAKES THE WINCHESTERS HAPPY!