{SPN} Mixtape

Remember when Dean gave Cas a mixtape of Led Zeppelin songs and Cas tried to give it back, but Dean was all like "It's a gift. You keep those." And Cas took it back and then IT WAS NEVER HEARD OR SPOKEN ABOUT AGAIN IN THE ENTIRE SHOW?

I HAVE QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERS.

For starters.

1. Why would they put this in? It's an honest question. Mixtapes, in our society, are basically seen as a romantic gesture/present. If they didn't want us to think that there was something more between Dean and Cas, then why put it in? ALSO, it never comes up again. It is a completely irrelevant moment to the rest of the show, and yet, it was never cut. WHY was it important enough to be left in?

2. WHY WAS IT NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN? Why did we NOT get to see a scene where Cas listened to it? Why don't we know what songs are on it? WHY DO WE NOT KNOW WHY DEAN MADE IT, WHAT HE PUT ON IT, AND WHY DID WE NOT GET TO SEE HIM PUT IT TOGETHER AND WATCH HIM SMILE AND HUM ALONG TO LED ZEPPELIN AS HE DID SO?

3. Why did Dean make it? Dean is not exactly the biggest gift giver, and OH MY GOD. I looked the tape up on SPNwiki and it said it was the first gift Cas has ever received.

HIS FIRST EVER GIFT WAS FROM DEAN AND YOU'RE STILL TRYING TO TELL ME DESTIEL ISN'T REAL????

But seriously though. Dean must have had a reason to give a mixtape, of all things, to Cas. AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS.

I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS ABOUT THE MIXTAPE, OKAY.

Please note, also, that Sam probably has no idea it exists.

Please note that Dean told Cas to keep it, even when the angel tried to give it back.

Please note that Cas kept it, and has it still.

bUT WHAT IF IT'S NOT EVEN SONGS ON IT AND THE MIXTAPE TITLE IS JUST A COVER AND IT'S ACTUALLY SOME HEARTFELT SPEECH DEAN GIVES ABOUT HOW MUCH HE CARES ABOUT CAS AND HOW HE'S SORRY FOR EVERY TIME THEY'VE FOUGHT AND HE FINALLY ADMITS HE LOVES HIM BECAUSE DAMMIT THAT'S ALL I WANT IN LIFE.

AND PART OF ME FEELS LIKE CROSSROADS DEMONS DON'T EXIST BECAUSE IF THEY DID THEN SOMEBODY WOULD'VE SOLD THEIR SOUL FOR DESTIEL A LONG TIME AGO.

BUT MAYBE SOMEBODY DID AND IT'LL HAPPEN IN SEASON 15, WHO THE HELL KNOWS, WHY IS DESTIEL DOING THIS TO ME.