{SPN} Mini Oneshot

Cas was researching, futility attempting to find a way to find Chuck yet again. Sam and Dean were out on a case, so the research had once again fallen to the angel.

He sighed and typed the name 'Carver Edlund' into the search bar. Chuck wasn't writing any more books for the Supernatural series (or so he hoped) but that didn't mean he wasn't dumb enough to show up at some con for his fans.

But instead of seeing anything about Chuck, all the websites took him to the same place, an endless ranting about a play called Supernatural, based on Chuck's books, but written by a girl named Marie. Cas frowned. Was Chuck using a new fake name or something? He clicked on one of the videos that showed a scene from the musical.

Nope. It definitely wasn't Chuck. Instead Cas found himself watching a strange, sung version of the Winchester's lives. Did Sam and Dean know about this?

A man was suddenly flung across the stage in the background, slamming into a piece of the set. Cas recognized that form.

So this was one of Sam and Dean's old cases, then. Another one they had never bothered to tell him about. 

He did vaguely remember them going on a strange hunt that they refused to talk about. The boys had been humming under their breaths for weeks.

He kept watching the musical. The camera work was bad enough that he assumed it was done by the mother of one of the cast members, but that didn't matter.

But then the play got....weirder.

There was aliens? And he was there- well, not Cas himself, but a small, sweet looking girl acting as him, fit with a pair of fake fluffy wings that Cas honestly found a bit offensive. His wings hadn't been fluffy, or even white. They had been dark and powerful, and he missed them every day.

But then the girl playing Cas started singing. Singing a song with lyrics that came from words he remembered saying. The musical was a bit more accurate than he liked.

And then there was a scene where the girl playing him and the girl playing Dean kissed.

That perfectly explained why Dean had never said a word about the show then. 

Cas picked up his phone. The show was just too weird for him to not share with Dean that he had found it. He called Dean's number, thinking for a moment about how best to break the news on what he had found.

But the video gave him the perfect idea of course.

"Hey Cas, what's up?" Dean answered. And Cas started singing.

"I'll just wait here then, That's what I'll do-"

"Cas, what the hell-"

"I'll just wait here then, Wait for my cuuuuuue. I raised you from perdition to be God's ammunition, But now you need some rest, so I will do what's best-"

"Oh god, WHAT DID YOU FIND-"

"I'LL JUST WAIT HERE THEN, THAT'S ALL I'LL DOOOOO. I'LL JUST WAIT HERE THEN-"

"I CAN EXPLAIN THIS, JUST FOR THE LOVE OF PIE PLEASE STOP WATCHING IT."

"I'LL WAIT FOR YOU!"

"Please don't." Cas stopped singing. "Please tell me you didn't s-"

"I saw everything, Dean."

"......Crap." 

Dean hung up on him after that.