Chapter 123 Mayhem

There was a commotion outside the Jingshi, and Wei Ying opened the door to find out what was going on. His babies, which were JingYi, Jin Ling and SiZhui, were waving to them all.

"We'll meet you by the gates!" Jin Ling shouted.

JingYi grinned.

SiZhui poked him in his chest.

"No shouting in Cloud Recesses."

"That's why we're leaving." Jin Ling planted a noisy kiss on his cheek, took his hand and ran off with a blushing SiZhui.

XiChen had his spare hand raised ready to knock, while the other was being held tightly by Jiang Cheng, who looked none too pleased.

"What's wrong with him, XiChen-Ge? And where's Li Li?" Wei Ying beamed at both of them.

"Li XiWang has kindly offered to watch Li Li while we go out for a meal, and we were wondering if you both would like to join us? It's just us and the children." XiChen smiled back pleasantly.

Jiang Cheng scowled.

"Now, now, Wanyin, it's only for a few hours. What could go wrong?" XiChen cajoled him.

"But Huan, she could wake up, she could cry if we're not there!" His scowled deepened.

"Our little rabbit is quite capable, Jiang Cheng. Little Li Li will be just fine, and it's only a short time." Wei Ying turned around excitedly to ask Lan Zhan if they could also go, and found the Jade slipping an extra layer around his shoulders.

"Will be cold later." Lan Zhan pulled him closer and kissed his temple.

"Are you sure? I don't mind staying in, you know." Wei Ying smiled, feeling happy at the truth of his words.

"Mn. Don't mind and Wei Ying must be happy."

Wei Ying was a puddle at his words.

"Aww! You're so cute, Lan Zhan!" He leaned up to kiss his cheek. "

"Wei Ying is cuter." Lan Zhan beamed back, pleased with his husband.

"Could you two be any more annoying? At this rate, I'll have thrown up before I've eaten!" Jiang Cheng stomped off, leading XiChen away, and before Lan Zhan could glare at him.

"Come on, let's catch up with them!" Wei Ying exclaimed, also hanging onto Lan Zhan.

He bounced along, chatting about this and that, and Lan Zhan was filled with a hopeful wish that he would always remain this way. So pure, so innocent and simply Wei Ying.

"So what do you think, Lan Zhan?" He was saying now.

"Mn?"

"Weren't you listening to me?" Wei Ying managed to look hurt and bashful together.

"Mn. Wei Ying is too distracting. Cannot look elsewhere." Lan Zhan replied, honestly.

Wei Ying hid his flaming red face in white robes.

"But you could at least listen..."

Lan Zhan patted his back fondly.

"What was Wei Ying saying?"

"Did you notice that Uncle Qiren has been spending an awful amount of time underneath the moon tree? And he's had that bench installed for that very purpose."

"Uncle is happy about the tree. It was a good idea."

"But Lan Zhan, I know gossip is forbidden in Cloud Recesses, but..." he leaned up and whispered hot words in the Jade's ear, turning it red in a matter of seconds.