Chapter 107 Subdue

Wei Ying spread his gold silk wire to encompass the passed out Children of the Tree. Some of them were still expelling little green frogs, even while passed out.

"Any idea how long that's going to last?" Wei Ying asked, picking up another little creature.

His daughter was right, they were kind of cute.

Li XiWang shrugged with an impish smile.

"I didn't know there should be a time limit..." She looked at Hui Gai for confirmation.

"There's plenty of time to learn," he told her, proudly.

"And what are we going to do with her?" Wei Ying stopped outside the bubble that contained Jian Ci.

Hui Gai had created a small hole that let her breath, but the bubble still survived, after a few tries.

"Ask her if she knows where our sister is?" Yezi replied, quickly.

"If anybody did, it would be her. I don't know why I didn't see her hatred for what it was..." Zhitiao said, a little gloomily.

"And the Dragon King. She definitely knows where Tiaopi De Long is, or was...after all, it's been eight years since all four were together." Wei Ying finished.

"She won't want to talk..." Yezi added with a grin, turning to the demon. "Maybe this is where you could come in handy? You know, go in there," she jerked a thumb towards her former sister, "and do what you're best at. Make it painful."

Hui Gai said nothing, but he looked at Wei Ying.

"I can wake her up if you don't want to do it." Hongse injected, a little too enthusiastically, grinning at them.

"How will you do that?" Wei Ying asked her, curiously.

"I can control the fluids in her body...let's just say, she's not gonna feel great. But she'll wake up, that's for sure!" She gave out a boisterous laugh.

"Do we want to use a truth serum? I've sort of modified it to be used as a talisman." Wei Ying pulled out a transparent piece of parchment.

They all watched as it flew to her exposed neck and settled for a second before vanishing, completely absorbed by her skin.

Lan Zhan was astonished and wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him close. He kissed his temple lovingly.

"Wei Ying is clever."

Wei Ying blushed, feeling everyone's eyes on them. Hongse looked happy for them, while the twins looked a little envious, but pleased.

"Shall we just wake her up, then?" Wei Ying said, but he really didn't want to.

He looked at all her sharp features, and knew she wasn't a nice person, but waking her up would lead to other problems. Now he couldn't put it off any longer...

"Li XiWang?" He said, suddenly, crouching down so they were at eye level.

"I...I just want you to be prepared."

"For what?" Her big burgandy eyes were full of trust.

"She's...well, she hates your mother, and as a result, you. She might say horrible things to you, or about your mother...and I don't want you to believe her." He sighed, holding out his arms.

"But haven't you just given her a truth serum?" She asked, innocently wrapping her thin arms around his neck, sighing herself, next to his cheek.

"Yes, but whatever she says will be the truth she believes. I can't stop her words from hurting you, little rabbit. And I don't want you to go through that, or...or to believe her. She might be mean." Wei Ying held her tightly, wishing he could protect her like this forever.

"It's alright, father. I'm not scared." Li XiWang replied, with a smile in her voice.

"Really?" He leaned back to look into her face.

"Really. I don't know her, and how could she possibly know me? I cannot care about what she thinks of me, or my mother, and you don't have to worry. I know you love me. Both of you." Li XiWang smiled at her father Zhan, who patted her head, smiling back. "To me, you're both my real parents. More than the ones we're trying to help. As long as I have you, I won't worry."

Wei Ying could see the love she had for them shining in her face, as she leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you for worrying about me. I will be just fine."

"My little girl is growing up." Wei Ying hugged her again, blinking back tears.

He stood up and Lan Zhan wiped his face for him.

"You should stick by your father Zhan, little rabbit. Let Hui Gai and I handle this."

She nodded and went to stand by him, slipping her little hand in his. Lan Zhan smiled at her, giving her hand a squeeze.

Wei Ying turned to the transparent bubble.

"I guess it's time." He took a deep breath. "Go for it, Hongse."

"Okay, here goes." Hongse held her palms out in front of her body, one on top of the other but not touching. She began to murmur under her breath, slowing turning circles.

They all turned to watch the body in the bubble. She stirred, and then suddenly clutched her stomach, dry heaving. One single frog jumped out of her mouth, and she stared at it as if it was something alien to her.

The little creature tried to hop away, sensing her hostility, but the bubble was round and there was nowhere to go. It ribbited angrily at her.

She gradually remembered where she was and looked up at all of them, a malicious grin marring her sharp features.