Chapter 61

61: Treasure

Ilang oras na ang lumipas at nakatitig parin ako sa treasure box na hawak ko at ang key pendant na binigay sakin ng ama ko. Itong pendant na hawak ko ang mag bubukas sa maliit na lalagyan na ito.

Matagal ko rin pinag isipan kung bubuksan ko na ba ito. Natatakot ako sa makikita ko. Hindi ko alam pero bakit ang bigat sa dibdib? Naiyukom ko sa kamao ang susi. Oras na siguro para buksan ito.

Dahan dahan kong ipinasok ang susi at binuksan ang treasure box. Bumungad saakin ang nakatuping papel at ang wedding ring ni Mommy. Marahan ko itong inilabas at pinagmasdan.

Naaala ko ang sinabi saakin ni Mom na if ever we lose our ties between me and Dad I should open this. I should open this whenever I’m ready. I am never ready but think it’s time. I’ve been hurt a lot another struck on my heart is nothing.

Marahan kong binuka mula sa pagkakatupi ang papel at iniingatan itong hindi mapunit.

Pinagmasdan ko ang handwriting ni Mom and all I can say she has a beautiful hand writing.

My dear Sugar Lovei,

Anak, how are you? I hope you’re doing fine. You’ll probably reading this because I’m gone or you have conflict with your father. I lived in a scary and painful life but having you as my daughter is a very big blessing to me. I want you to be aware of the truth because you deserve to forgive and not live in hatred and pain. I don’t want you to experience things I suffered that’s why I’m writing this.

Napasinghap ako ng hangin sa unang talata na nabasa. I can hear my Mom’s voice through this letter. Yung banayad at puno ng pagmamahal na parang humehele saakin kapag naririnig ko ito.

I have lived in a world where everything was forced. Please release your anger from your father because each of us are victims here. No one is at fault. Everything is brought by fate that sometimes we can’t accept.

I’ve been friends with your father since we are in college and back then I knew that he’s in love with someone else which is also our friend, your Tita Elizabeth. And things happened, our family decided to arrange our marriage and we can’t do anything to object. Your father and Elizabeth broke up. I witnessed how hurt your father was and of course Elizabeth. We lived as a married couple even though he doesn’t have any feelings for me but he never treated me bad, he never treated me different and that makes me guilty for marrying a man that is in love with someone else. But we lived happily because of you, when you came into our lives the happiness in his eyes started to grow again. I have never seen him smile like that again. We became a lot happier because of your existence. But I have drowned from depression and became suicidal and your father did everything to save me and one thing I asked to him is to go back to where his heart belongs. I made that decision. I freed him. Love is freeing, anak. I learned to let him go. Whatever happened to me was never his fault. He loved me as a friend and he loves you so much, Sugar.

If ever when things go wrong and your hatred start to grow for your father, may this be the key for your heart to forgive and to be free.

When you are tired, it’s alright to rest. When you are sad, it’s okay to cry. Crying is not a sign of weakness, it is what makes you human. Always remember Sugar, you are loved.

Honey Lovei.

Hindi maghumayaw sa umaapaw na emosyon ang pumipiga sa dibdib ko. Hawak hawak ko ang dibdib ko na puno ng pagsisisi at pag hihinagpis. Hindi ko alam na gano’n ang pinagdaanan nina Mom and Dad. I was blinded by my anger. Indeed, everyone has their own story and for the long time I refused to read and understand their story.