Chapter 55

55: Trap

I immediately went home. Agad akong uminom ng tubig dahil humahangos parin ako. Binuksan ko ang briefcase at laman nito ang antidote. Kinuha ko ito at pinagmasdan.

I can’t give her the antidote right now. I just can’t…

First, she’s my Dad’s old patient. Second, the key for the botulinum toxin’s source. And last one, Code’s phone number.

My mind is in a maze right now. I can’t just tell Kyra is responsible for the things that are happening in B. A and in all of us. She’s not capable of doing things like that. And she was even hurt by the killer.

May isang bagay na pumasok sa isip ko. Agad akong pumunta sa kwarto ko at kinuha ang laptop. Binuksan ko ito at pinanood muli ang mga CCTV footages na pinakita sa’kin ni Inspector Garcia.

Ngayon ko lang napansin. The person wearing a black hoodie is not that big for a killer. Hindi malaki ang katawan nito. Kung iisipin ang makakagawa lang nito ay ang may malakas na pangangatawan. Bigla kong naalala ang lason na ginagamit ng killer para mapatay ang mga biktima niya.

Kapag na inject niya ito ay mapaparalize ang biktima at dun niya magagawa ang pagpatay. The killer doesn’t need a strong body because the toxin allows that person to kill without any trouble.

Inobserbahan ko pa nang mabuti ang footage at isang bagay ang kumuha ng atensyon ko ng mapansin ang pattern nito sa paglalakad. Naglalakad ito in a straight way. A cat-walk. A guy doesn’t walk like that.

So, my hint is slowly being clear. There’s a chance that the killer is not a boy…but a girl.

Malapit ng sumapit ang dilim at bago matapos ang araw na ‘to ay kailangan kong malaman kung ano ang totoo.

Naglalakad ako ngayon paakyat sa hagdanan patungo sa opisina ni Principal Thomas. Nang makarating ako ay hinawakan ko ang seradura ng pinto. I put a lot of courage to come here and I can’t turn back.
Huminga ako nang malalim at binuksan ito. Naabutan kong nakatingin sa isang litrato si Principal Thomas. Napatingin siya sa’kin saglit saka ibinalik ang tingin sa litrato. Nilapitan ko ito. The picture he was holding was the picture of Kyra and him.

“Principal Thomas,” tawag ko sa atensyon niya.

“Help her.” 

Natigilan ako at napatingin sakanya nang nagtataka.

“I know why you came here. I guess you already knew it.” Napalunok ako at hindi sumagot. “She was seven back then when I lost my wife. Her mother didn’t show any love for Kyra. She always shouts at her and sometimes hurt her. Until one day I saw my wife lying on the floor with the pool of her blood. Her chest was ripped. Then, I saw Kyra. She’s soaked in blood holding a knife.”

Her wife died because of Kyra? I’m starting to feel the chills that are running through my spine.

“That was the hardest year of my life. I did everything to cover my wife’s death. I already lost my wife and I can’t afford to lose Kyra. I tried to consult different psychiatrist because I know, Kyra is sick. But all of them turned down my daughter. They are advising me to lock up Kyra in the asylum. As a father, I can’t do that.” Huminga siya nang malalim habang inaalala lahat sa nakaraan nila.

“I met your father. Dr. Silanty Lovei. He was the only one psychiatrist who didn’t gave up on my daughter. Then he managed to bring back the sanity in Kyra. I owed him very much. He did bring back the old Kyra but now something triggered her illness. I didn’t notice anything. It’s too late now her schizophrenia is back.”

Para akong nilulubog sa malamig na tubig sa mga nalalaman.

“S-she’s the killer. She killed so many people.” Nanginginig kong saad.