Chapter 9

A bit out of character....I've put a lot of work into this one...

I woke up with a sharp pain in my head it made me groan and lay back down to....whatever I was on. Almost immediately I heard soft footsteps which made me tense, where was I?

"Sh, rest young hero." I heard a soft, calming voice whisper and I felt myself relax at just the girls voice. Straining to open my eyes I managed. Only to be greeted with beautiful gray eyes, intimidating and captivating. I groaned, and closed my eyes to fall asleep again.

Opening my eyes for the second time there was no pretty gray eyes, and I found myself feeling 100x better than before. I sat up, and no pain. My feet touched the ground, and I examined myself: jeans, CHB shirt, and converse. What happened? Rachel and I on the volcano, she slapped me and left, running out of the volcano. That's it. Huh, than how did I end up in this random place? I walked over to the opening of the cave and was greeted by the night stars, dozens of them. I gaped and walked more outside, this was like a paradise.

"You finally wake?" I heard a soft voice and quickly turned behind me, only to feel my jaw drop. She was...gorgeous. This nameless girl that maybe looked...young. As if she had no age, I couldn't tell if she was fifteen, sixteen, or maybe even eighteen. The girl had long princess curls that reached up to her waist, all natural. Wearing a flow-y dress that reached mid thigh, she had black greek sandals. The kind that I've seen a few goddess' like Aphrodite wear. Her lips were naturally pink and full, with those startlingly grey eyes that I found myself mesmerized in. I slowly brought my hand into my hair, now knowing what to do with a beautiful girl in front of me.

"Uhhhhhh," I blurted and she let out a bell like laugh. Oh my gods-

"If only you can see yourself with your eyes wide, mouth open, hand in your hair, you look ridiculous." She smiled and I blushed, regaining my posture.

"Sorry, I'm Percy...Jackson." I tacked on shaking her hand. The pretty girl smiled.

"Hello Percy Jackson, my name is Annabeth." Annabeth? As in the myth?

"Yes Percy, as in Annabeth the myth." She said, the smile never leaving her face. I said that aloud? "Yes you did Percy." Oh gods I have to shut up now...Thankfully I hadn't said that aloud.

"Sorry, gods I just can't believe I'm...here....with you." I stuttered and she did that laugh again, only for it to fade quickly.

"Well, you should leave as soon as you can. I mean I don't even know why I'm telling you be right back, I'm just getting your exit...hopefully." She quickly ran into some trees and I knew one thing. I didn't want to leave. Ever again. Suddenly the thoughts of the real world rushed to me and my heart dropped. My mother, Kronos, Luke, Tyson, all my friends...

Shaking my head, I rolled up my jeans in the bottom, seeing the edges touch the sand of the beach. Annabeth suddenly came back, a frown on her beautiful face.

"Um, you can't leave yet. Sorry, I really wished you can leave now." Annabeth whispered and this time I frowned.

"You want me to leave?" I couldn't help but I ask. She stared at me.

"Do you not know my myth? The fates always send me a man that I will eventually love...part of my punishment." She prompted and I nodded.

"Wait...you love me?" I smirked and she laughed, shaking her head.

"Idiot...eventually I will just not yet, so don't let it get to you." She grabbed my wrist leading me through a variety of trees. I wordlessly followed until we ended up in front of another cave. Inside, there was a large table in the middle, a big bed on the corner, a small kitchen, and big closet. The only light was a fireplace that cast a glow to the huge cave as I saw a lot of floating pans and food.