Chapter 40

Divergent and PJO crossover kind thing!

"Why do I get the new ones!!?" I groaned.

"Because I got them last year!" Thalia smirked and I groaned again.

"Really!" I complained, already seeing the first person fall onto the net, and Luke helping him out.

"Sorry Annie, that's just how it works." Thalia popped her gum and I glared.

"Whatever," I said, walking over to where the new people were suppose to go. I sighed, leaning my head against the wall, seeing one person fall, one by one.

"Alright, now that everybody is here, new people go to Annabeth, the blond over there, seconds go with Thalia!" Luke yelled capturing everybody's attention, I glared at him and he shrugged. A little more than half came towards me, I glared at Thalia as she smirked and shrugged innocently.

"Alrighty so my name is Annabeth. Only Annabeth, no Annie, no Annabelle, no Beth, Annabeth." I made the point clear, glaring at everybody. I was not going to let another person call me Anna, two years ago when a newbie did that....they ended up in the infirmary. Everybody nodded, gulping and others stayed standing, biting lips.

"I'm going to be your instructor alright!? Good, now please follow me and try not to get lost." I shouted, trying to get the others in the back to hear me. I swiftly made my way through the different corridors and tunnels until I found myself in the bedrooms.

"This is where you all will be sleeping, of both sexes so no complaining. These are your bathrooms right here too." I looked at them sympathetically as the teens gaped at the toilets, scrunching up their noises. "This is your clothing, find your size, then meet me in there-" I pointed to a door that led to the work out hall,"and we will begin your training." I finalized and a brave person spoke up.

"Today?" A short girl asked and I nodded.

"Yes, today. Hurry up!" I yelled and walked out, wanting nothing more than to go home.

I sighed, sitting on the floor, humming a small tune as I waited for the others. Less than five minuets later someone did come out. A guy: tall, lean, and muscular. From the back I noticed his black hair, it was messy. Like he literally took a nap and came over here. I cleared my throat and he jumped, looking back at me. First thing I noticed were his eyes. Startlingly green eyes, they seemed to analyze me up and down, as if to see if I were friend or foe. They nerved me and I felt uncomfortable, as if he was suddenly reading my mind, secrets, and story. It was...weird.

"You done?" I said and he narrowed his eyes, as if he had not heard what I just said. Like he was continuing his analyzation of me. Suddenly, he straightened and grinned crookedly, like he was suddenly going to prank me. Facing an expression of a child almost. What a quick switch of emotions.

"Yeah I'm done." He shrugged, like what he just did happened often. I mentally was amazed at how casual he had said it to me, like I was not a dauntless leader, instead a friend.

"Good....why were you looking me?" My curiosity won and I saw others, walking into the big hall, gaping at the various equipment we had. Not a single one paid attention to us.

"Just what I do, it makes people feel... makes a person feel intimidated...why not do it?" He said.

"Erudite." I stated dryly and he laughed, making me feel a bit embarrassed, maybe he didn't want to remember his old faction.

"That noticeable?" He shook his head slightly, before walking a bit closer. I pressed my back closer to the wall and he noticed my move, only to smirk. Seriously what is with him?