Chapter 72

Firefighter AU ~continuation~

          Percy woke up very comfortable, as he had been for the past few days. He had blissfully no night shifts all that week and stayed in cuddling with Annabeth until the late hours of morning.

          Annabeth was nestled into his side, sleeping softly, and had most of the blanket on top of her. It made Percy shiver with chills and come closer to her. Today was the first day, the first day of school from winter break. Which also meant Annabeth coming over his house almost every day the past few weeks (if it wasn't everyday, then they'd FaceTime).

           He yawned and stretched slowly until Annabeth shifted next to him, turning over to his side. "Morning." She whispered, smiling at him. Percy grinned, kissing her forehead.

          "Hey Wise Girl." He whispered. "Ready to face the day?"

          She groaned and rubbed her eyes. "Gosh, don't remind me. What time is it?"

          "Time for us to go to work, that's for sure." Percy chuckled and glanced at the clock next to him. "But, if you must know, it's six-o' three."

          "Why did I let you convince me to stay here on the first day?" She yawned.

          He kissed her cheek and kissed her lips softly. "It took a lot of convincing and you bringing your stuff for today."

          "Ah, now I remember." She sat up and rubbed her eyes again, making Percy smile and bring her down against his chest. "Percy, I have to get ready. You have to get ready too."

           He groaned, holding her arm tighter. "No, I don't want to go to work." Percy pouted and Annabeth rolled her eyes.

          "Stop sounded like one of my students Seaweed Brain. Come on." She comforted.

          "Kiss me, first." Percy said and she looked annoyed (but really wasn't). She gently kissed him and Percy brought his fingers up to her hair.

          "Alright! Let's a go!" Annabeth exclaimed, and Percy groaned loudly.

          Annabeth was already putting on her heels by the time Percy actually got out of bed. "Seaweed brain, how are you get ready in an hour?"

          Percy shrugged, pouring himself some instant coffee. "I will be doing the thing I do best, I will be running late." He announced. She laughed and grabbed her bags, not before kissing his cheek. He opened the door for her and kissed her once more until they were both smiling against each other's lips. She gently pushed him away and left.

          He was smiling for at least a half hour until he hit himself and started getting ready for work, running late as usual.

O.o.O

         "And then she was like, for real??! That was amazing!" Leo exclaimed and Percy chuckled.

          "Leo, that was not a funny joke." Percy grinned and Jason nodded.