Chapter 48

Do not read unless you have time for 10, 808 words.. There is 24 parts and thirty pages...

---
What We Use To Be
Prologue 0
It was white. Frosty white, she didn't know what was going on to be honest. Was it even the June anymore? Probably not, it was August 2 last she recalled. Maybe it's only been a few days what has felt like weeks. The walls were like glass, clean as a diamond. She could see the bed in the next room, the see through walls made sure of that. As far as Annabeth knew, she was in a large hospital like cafeteria, in the middle being only these two rooms. One that contained herself and the other containing an empty perfectly made bed. She was tired, exhausted as a matter of fact. She hadn't slept very much last night. Sitting with her back against the glass, Annabeth just stared ahead of her, towards the camera with bleary eyes. She let her eyelids slip shut as her head fell against her shoulder.

"Hey!....Hey!?....Lady!?" She heard, the voice was loud and annoying and she groaned, stirring awake. "Hello?!"

"Shuddup," Annabeth mumbled, rubbing her eyes. Opening her eyes she wondered if she imagined the whole thing until she glanced to see a person staring at her anxiously from the other room.

Like a bullet she stood up and ran to the door."Who are you?! How did you get here?" Annabeth exclaimed, pounding against the seemingly unbreakable glass. Annabeth panted as she stared at the person (oh gods a human) in front of her, a guy. He seemed so terrified as his eyes were wide and alert, bright green eyes staring back at her.

"I don't know! The first thing I was walking home from school and then just...nothing." He said, his palms against the glass, aligned with hers.

"He drugged you too." Annabeth mumbled, pushing herself back. Looking at the glass, she kicked it hard and grimaced as she realized nothing would probably happen.

"Where are we?" He asked sitting down next to the door. Annabeth glanced at him, he looked her age, if anything maybe a year older.

Annabeth ignored his question, slumping against the wall, right next to him. Remembering the line 'don't worry Annabeth, you won't be alone for long, I'm just waiting for the right time' was what he had said. The only thing the kidnapper had ever said. "What day is it?"

The guy frowned and licked his lips."It's August...the ninth." The guy looked sad as his shoulders slumped.

"What's your name?" Annabeth asked, if the glass wasn't there then they'd be shoulder to shoulder.

"Percy, what about you?"

"Annabeth." She said.

"I'd say it's nice to meet you," Percy grimaced.

"Nice to meet you too." Annabeth smiled barely, it was a start.

Part 1
Annabeth was simply laying on her bed talking to Percy, their beds were next to each other- no need to raise their voices. "I remember once when Bobby-"

"He's your brother right?" Percy asked, playing with the lose strings of the pillow.

"Yeah and one time he had asked me-"

A loud phrase cut off her "Get up." Instantly both of them jumped in surprise, startled. Besides the meals coming in once a day, they had no contact with the kidnapper, none at all. They heard a small chuckle from the speakers that seemed to come from all directions.

"What do you want?" Percy yelled. The second he said that the door banged open and Annabeth gasped as she saw two people tackle Percy to the ground, sticking a syringe into his arm.