Chapter 78

In which Percy gets distracted.

Percy was positive Blondie was trying to kill him, absolutely sure if it. It started when she first came to the gym, he remembers the day perfectly. It had been a really good day actually. Percy had left work early, the weather was nice and windy with a bit of sun, he was functioning gloriously with nine hours of sleep, he had eaten lunch with friends, and was ending his really good day by going to the gym. Like he did every day, good or bad. He had been punching a couple bags when she came in. That, that was when Percy was sure she was trying to kill him.

Okay okay, maybe not directly, but indirectly. Still. It was just... Her. She was just, so so beautiful. In a way that made Percy grit his teeth in anger and glare at her from across the room as she punched a couple bags and ran on the treadmill. In a way that made Percy bit his lip and punch the bag a little (a lot) harder then he had been before. Percy has never felt this way before and he hated it. Hated how his stomach burned uncomfortably when she so much as stared at his direction.

Blondie was his distraction. A painfully gorgeous one too. It was probably her long blonde curls that were always pulled up in a high ponytail. Or maybe it was her toned flat stomach and body (yeah, she was fit, but not that creepy overly fit, just... Er, fit.) Percy had never actually been close enough to see her eyes, or other characteristics closely. And he'd never wear his glasses to the gym just to see her eye color and the shape of her nose and lips. Or to see if she has freckles or dimples or not. No way. Okay, so, maybe he does have a little thing for the blonde chick. After all, it wasn't his fault she was trying to kill him.

Percy also noticed the little things. Especially when today (of course she chooses the worst day of his week so far) she's wearing shorter shorts. Not her usual black ones up to her knee, but short ones that make him almost choke when she walks into the room. Percy saw her make her way to her usual spot, passing by the dozens of people, and working out. Acting as if she wasn't torturing him already.

Blondie starts her usual routine of stretching her muscles on the floor and Percy glares. No, no, no. He is not turned on by how good her ass looks, he isn't okay?! "Oh my fffffreaking gosh!" Percy groans, hitting his head against the punching bag. Should he just go home? Percy knows he won't be able to do anything with Blondie looking like that.

He huffed and shook his head at himself. "Percy Jackson, you will not leave your happy place because of the hot blonde chick and her ass, you will not. You're not a horny kid." Percy nodded at his pep talk to himself and sighed, punching the bag even harder now.  A newfound adrenaline rush pumping through his veins.

Somehow, (do not ask him how, he doesn't even know), he managed to make it when the clock struck nine p.m.. Percy noticed Blondie had come back from the women's locker rooms, her hair wet from a shower. Percy's eyes boggled because, gods, he's never seen her with her down and wet. She looks beautiful. He was glad it was only him, Blondie, and about ten other people. Percy rubbed his eyes, grabbing his backpack into the men's lockers miserably. He took a freezing shower like always (Because he hated how sweaty and hit his body was after a workout. No, not because of that alright?!....)

He had just left the lockers hair damp and towel around his neck when he realized she still there. He frowned, because every time he got out she was gone. Percy realized it was just them two as well and felt he needed to be stealthy quiet as he packed his belongings from the cubby. Percy had just finished packing his now empty water bottle when someone tapped his shoulder. He jumped a little and turned to see Blondie behind him, looking flushed.

"Hi." She said and Percy didn't say not one word. He was too busy looking at her small freckles on her nose and under her eyes and her straight nose and pink lips. Percy blinked down at her before talking.

"Oh, uh, hi." She thinks I'm an idiot, terrific.

Blondie smiled with a nod. "Hi, I'm Annabeth."

Percy shook her hand and grinned. "Hey, I'm Percy."

"So uh, jut wanted to say hi 'cause- Well, um," she was silent for a couple seconds, looking stumped.

"Annabeth. How about I walk you out? Maybe we can, um go out for late night cup of coffee?" Percy asked, rubbing the back of his neck. She nodded and Percy then realized this whole time she hasn't looked at him. "Uh,  Annabeth?"

"Can you please put on a shirt already?!" She exclaimed and Percy widened his eyes, mouth agape. He totally forgot he wasn't wearing one, he was an idiot.

"Oh yeah- I mean, yes, of course." Percy looked through his bag before pulling out his clean shirt. He put it on and she smiled, looking at him. "You have gray eyes."

"Thanks for noticing that, Percy."

".... Did I say that out loud?"

"Yup."

"Sorry about that..."

"So, that offer for a late cup of coffee still on?"

"Definitely."

A little OOC, but oh well :3

Snapchat: blueconverseses
Instagram: blue.converseses

Comment if you liked it💛
QOTC: List all you're favorite shows.... (let's bond xx)

AOTC: Grey's Anatomy (season 5), Young Justice, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Once Upon a Time, The Flash, Law and Order SVU, Criminal Minds, Numb3rs, I Love Raymond, Stranger Things, Zoo, The Walking Dead, Friends, Arrow, That 70's Show

{August 8, 2016}