Chapter 16

It was night, about a month after war, two since Tartarus, and the nightmares have been unstoppable. The darkness of the night that surrounded me, closing in on me, suffocating me. It feels to real for it not to be real, the sudden images of death flashing across my mind, knowing that nobody near me. I was alone, hugging the sheets closer to me so tightly, I had felt tears fall off my cheeks, my body was racking in fear as I shook, trying to get the vivid images out of my mind. The eery quietness of nothing but my frantic breathing and pounding heartbeat made this seem like I was really back down there, all alone, nobody there. I curled into a ball, my knees up to my face, as I cried silently, endless tears falling. I felt the tingling itchy sensation, the spiders crawling all over me as I sweat. My eyelids begged to close, but I refused, I was not going to let the nightmares consume me again. There could be no possible solution for this, if so, what I would give. But little did I know the solution was right in front of me, Percy.

It was unreal, I never knew I can feel this calm before, who know this was possible? Why didn't I think of this before?

The solution, right now feels so right. We're in Percy's cabin, it's pitch black outside, no moon to cast a comforting glow. But that's okay because Percy is with me.

His arms are wrapped tightly around me, pressing my chest closer to his. His head is buried into the crook of my neck, his soft breaths sending comforting shivers down my neck. Percy's raven black hair tickling my face, his lips pressed against my bare collarbone. His steady heartbeat and calm breathing calmed me down, relieved that now I heard something else rather than my frantic breathing. His warm touch around my torso, arms under my tank top, sending an uncomfortable burning sensation through my stomach. His legs were tangled with mine, his warm skin touching every inch of mine. My hands were buried into his hair, gently tugging at it. My jaw could rest on his head, but I wanted to play with his hair instead, long, thick, soft, black hair. The seashell nightlight cast a soft beautiful glow upon the room, lighting my face but keeping his dark considering his back was facing the light.

I brought myself lower, so his lips left my collarbone but met with mine instead. I kissed him softly and pulled back, my thumb caressing his face. Analyzing his features my fingers went to his thick eyebrows, to his long, thick, eyelashes, down his cheekbones, to his perfect nose, to those pink soft lips, down his chin, to his jaw. I kept calm as his eyelashes started fluttering. Percy opened his eyes drowsily, and I kept my fingers gently roaming his face. He sighed contentedly as he closed his eyes, a small dreamy smile on his face, Percy's hands went from my upper stomach down to my hips, where he slipped his fingers into the side of my shorts, just enough so he could trace circles on my hipbone. We stayed like this for a while, my fingers caressing his face, his thumbs circling my hips, until he broke the relaxed silence.

"Why are you still up?" He asked, his piercing green eyes opening and meeting my gray ones.

I sighed, "I don't know, just thinking of how I hadn't thought of this before after putting myself through all that time alone after Tartarus." I shrugged, wrapping my arms around his neck, my nose touching his burning skin, lips against his collarbone. He wrapped his arms around my back, still under my tank top, his arms burning my back, the sensation so good yet so bad.

Percy whispered, "Me too, I love you."

"I love you." I smiled and kissed his collarbone. He hummed, seemingly happy.

"Is this the part where we kiss?" He asked, breaking the silence. I instantly laughed because it was such as Percy comment.

"I guess..." I grinned. Before I could even kiss him, he kissed me first, already with an open mouth. Our lips met and we kissed, my fingers brushing his hair at the nape of his neck. He positioned himself on top me, his body heavy on mine but I didn't mine, nor did he though as he didn't use his hands to hoist himself up. Instead, his fingers touched my body, starting at my neck, down my arms, and he interlaced out hands together. Percy brought his hands on top of my head and I pulled back, taking deep breaths of air. Percy, on the other hand, was breathing calmly. He smiled amusingly, and I glared.

"That's no fair." I huffed, pouting. This situation was completely not fair.

"Not my fault I'm a son of Poseidon, meaning I can hold my breath longer." He reminded, bumping his forehead against mine.

"Whatever." Percy's lips were tantalizingly close to mine, his breath fanning my face. I shifted, wanting to kiss him but he pulled back a centimeter farther. "What?" I whined again, anxious and mad.

"Nothing, your cute." Percy grinned and I rolled my eyes. He chuckled, laying next down next to me, burying his shad into my neck. I smiled, wrapping my arms around him.

Why hadn't I thought of this solution earlier?

YOU GUYS!! SO LAST NIGTH I STAYED UP WRITING A SHORT STORY, A PERCABETH STORY. I HAVE AROUND TEN CHAPTERS AND I DONT KNOW WHETHER TO POST IT AS ANOTHER BOOK OR NOT. IM REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF FOR IT SO I MIGHT JUST DO IT ANYWAYS BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU GUYS WOULD ACTUALLY READ IT....I WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS WHICH IS WHY I POSTED A SHORT CHAPTER TO GET YOU GUYS' ATTENTION.

Comment if you liked it:)
Posting this during Spanish D: