Chapter 34

THE. CHARACTERS. ARE. OOC. OKAY? OKAY. I AM TELLING YOU NOW.

Mark Of Athena
Chapter II
"Seriously Percy!?" Annabeth yelled and Percy snickered before taking off, running for his life. Annabeth growled slightly and ran after him. Swiftly, as if Percy hadn't been trying, Annabeth tackled him. They both crashed into the floor, rolling down the hill, throwing punches at each other the whole entire time.

"Aw come on Annabeth! It's just water!" Percy laughed. He ignored the dagger at his throat as Annabeth had her knees at his side.

"It probably ruined my blueprints!" She exclaimed. In one swift movement Percy had Riptide in his hand, switched their positions. With the cool blade pressed against her throat Annabeth glared. "I hate how much you've improved on that."

"Thanks." Percy laughed. And for one moment they were just normal fourteen year old demigods.

"Aw come on Annabeth! I was actually betting not on you!" They heard and Percy jumped off her.

"You scared me what the heck Travis!?" Percy yelled, pressing his palm against his heart.

"Don't worry, it was a one time thing." Annabeth reassured Travis with a final glare towards the raven haired boy. Percy raised his hands up with a smirk.

"Anyways sorry to interrupt that awesome fight, well I think it was, but Chiron called you guys. Peace out!" He yelled. Flashing the peace sign he left.

"He's so weird." Percy commented. He put away the pen and Annabeth nodded.

"Let's go see what Chiron wanted." Annabeth sighed, fastening her dagger back on the belt.

The walk down the hill of Camp Half Blood went by carefree as they laughed and talked. Lately, they seemed to be doing a lot of that ever since Annabeth got rescued from her kidnap. You'd expect the pair to be serious and weird after bearing the Titans Curse but no.

"Yo! Chiron-" Connor exclaimed running up to them. 

"We're going right n-" Percy started but was cut off as the floor underneath him vanished, quickly being replaced by a black whole. He yelped and fell through.

"Percy!" Annabeth exclaimed, her eyes wide with terror as the black whole vanished.

"What just happened?!" Connor gulped, looking at her with wide eyes. "WATCH OUT!" He all but screamed. Annabeth barely had time to blink as she felt like she was falling. She hated this sensation and wanted to curl up and scream. Annabeth screamed without hearing herself as she fell. She couldn't see anything, it was like falling in a black room. Annabeth couldn't tell if her eyes were open or closed.

"ANNABETH!?" She heard through her suddenly hazy mind.

"PERCY?" Annabeth yelled. She suddenly gasped when her body made harsh contact with a soft, yet hard, floor.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" Percy asked, his voice laced with worry. Annabeth registered he was somewhere on her right.

"I- I'm right here." Annabeth managed pulling herself up from the floor. Suddenly a hand touched her shoulder and then hugged her. Just as quickly Percy let go of her.