Chapter 89

Annabeth helps a depressed and anxiety filled teenager, and soon they grow up to be something much better.

There it was again.

The nerve wrecking feeling, the sinking stomach, the short breathing, the tears, the nausea.

Percy felt it, the anxiety creeping up once again for no reason at a little past midnight. He was sinking. He was suffocating. His breathing becoming a little harder each time. He shut his eyes tightly. He was trying to clam down. Even as he did that though, even if his breathing did calm down, the feeling was still there. It was always there.

"Fuc-," Percy chocked, inhaling and exhaling again. "Get it together, idiot."

His hands fumbled around the nightstand, dropping a couple pill bottles for his panic attacks and his depression on the floor. Turning on the light, he grimaced and turned it off again. Having the light on, during this heat wave in California, is probably not the best idea. Percy sat up, rotating his neck, sweat all over his body because it was so damn hot. The stuffy air was not helping him breathe easily, and all too quickly, he felt the panic creep back into his mind.

"Distractions, distractions, distractions...." His shaky voice spoke ever so quietly as he turned on his phone, having no one to call at this hour. The couple of people he knew would also have no idea on how to stop panic attacks anyways. Please, Leo, Traivis, Connor, Frank, Nico, and Jason? He didn't believe so.

Maybe though... that one blonde he met at the park...

Percy was crying at this point, the feeling overwhelming all his senses. Percy cursed, changing into random clothing and sneaking out of the window of his adoptive parents' house. The park was down the street... and yesterday he met a blonde a little before midnight on the swings.

She was beautiful. Her princess like hair practically glowing in the moonlight. Her smile making him smile too. Her voice making him feel weak.... abruptly, Percy stopped short on the sidewalk.

"An angel?" He whispered fearfully, worried she was simply a figment of his imagination. Something his mind made up to help him cope with the loss of his biological family, six months before in New York. All too suddenly, Percy felt the anxiety creep up again, the panic of her not being real. He only met her once, but damn, he needed her to be real. That perfect stranger, her simple presence beside him, it all made him feel so much better.

Running to the swing set, Percy gulped, and sat. Letting his feet take him away as he let himself swing into the sky. Hopefully up into the stars so he can never have to return.

"Hey there, stranger." Percy's attention instantly focused on the blonde in back of him. He quickly looked behind him, making himself fall off the swing and onto the cement.

"Ow." He grumbled.

She laughed, oh so beautifully. "Be careful. I saw you on the swings, and fun fact, I live right in front of the park.... Just so you don't think I could be stalking you."

Percy was suddenly grateful, "So you are real."

"Uh, yeah?" She frowned in confusion, smiling a little. The pretty girl helped him up from the ground, noticing his bleeding palms. Percy wiped the blood on his black shorts and took a deep breath, the unsettling feeling, the anxiety leaving his bones. "Are you okay, dude?"

Percy shook his head. "No, but that's all right. Just know, you are a lifesaver."

"What did I do?"

"You helped me." Percy said, sitting on the swing again. This time, she sat next to him, and they swung.

The girl hummed, "What did I help with?"