Chapter 90

AU where ooc Annabeth is a punk lil superhero w/ powers like Scarlet Witch, and Percy is a cool Atlantean. Woo!

(aka in case you don't know, it's the chick with the red super powers who can fly and is overall a badass in the avengers)

-

Annabeth knew this dude would get on her nerves, just a tad bit. The second he walked in the room with all the other heroes, with a nice smile that reminded her of a child. But for professional curtesy, him being a new comer and all, she reminds herself not to be too quick to judge.

Even though all these superheroes in the room weren't a particular named group, there was always "meetings" that everyone went to to keep tabs and talk about anti-hero stuff. Just normal talk, you know? They all took place in a big building called "Olympus" where some heroes even lived here, but not many.

It's not like they were the Avengers from the fictional comic books. Annabeth found the thought of it all amusing to say the least. Here, everyone worked individually.

"You know, it's not nice to stare. At least, not like the way you are. Have we met before?"

Annabeth blinked, and she noticed her acquaintances had dispersed, now casually talking in groups. "What?"

The dude raised a brow and smiled, "You look like you wanted to kill me with a wave of your hand, is what I'm trying to say."

"You know I can," Annabeth grinned, she raised her hand a little and red light lifted his body a couple feet.

He looked unsurprised and nodded, "I'm sure you can Annabeth. I'm Percy, nice to meet you?" He offered a hand down at her and she laughed, shaking it. Annabeth liked him.

"Sorry, how do you know me?" She asked, putting him back to eye level.

Percy scoffed, "How do I not know you? You're a pretty popular hero, in both land and water at that." Seeing her frown, he added along. "I'm from Atlantis, an underwater civilization. We like to... stay hidden." He grinned.

Annabeth was completely floored at the idea of an underwater civilization. Why had she never heard of it? How did everyone but her know? "Are you serious?"

Percy frowned and made a face, "Of course! I've got some cool badass super powers too you know!" Annabeth realized she might've offended him, at least until he smiled. "Watch." Just like that, he simply lifted his finger and small water bubble appeared over it.

"It's so cute!" Annabeth smiled, it was a quarter sized drop and it fascinated her as she touched it, her finger going over the surface, but not into it. "So weird...." She marveled.

Percy laughed again, completely happy with her awe in such a simple thing. "I would put on a show but this conference room is quite small and I wouldn't want everyone to get mad at me."  Annabeth grinned, completely fascinated with him. He was something new to her, and she loved it. The small interaction was cut off by a small beep.  "That would be me. Got to go,  Annabeth, job calls. Keep in touch yeah?" Percy smiled at her again and she felt her cheeks warm.

"Sure?" He smiled, again, and walked out of an already open floor to ceiling window. A very convenient exit for most super hero's here.

Annabeth waved her fingers but he was already gone. "Is that, emotion, I see on Annabeth face?!" Thalia from next to her gasped and Annabeth scowled.

"Shut up Thalia."

So Annabeth loved to keep to herself, but can you blame her. A really nice guy with powers she's never seen before just stood before her... and he was really attractive.