Left Out

"Chase?" Everest asked, she was quite surprised to see Chase walking out here. Chase quickly ran across the street to Everest.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" Chase asked and noticed that she was standing by a furniture shop. Maybe she'll remember

"Jake's in there right now, getting some new blankets and pillows for our cabin." Everest explained.

"Oh, that's cool." Chase said with a cheerful smile and Everest smiled back.

"Anyways, what about you? What're you doing out here, alone?" Everest asked.

"Oh, I was just taking a walk around the Bay." Chase chuckled.

"Alone?" Everest asked again with a confused expression on her face. Chase didn't really know what to say to that.

"Uh...well..." Chase didn't want to tell Everest what happened, so he decided to lie. "...well the other pups were really busy with other things so I didn't mind." Chase said.

"What about Ryder?" 

"He was busy too." Chase answered quickly. Everest decided to shrug it off and watched the shop, waiting for her owner to come.

"Hey, we might hit some other shops on the way back to our cabin, you wanna come along?" Everest asked. Chase seemed a little bit surprised. Usually, the pups wouldn't ask Chase to join them or something like that, Chase would usually ask to come or play with them and they would always say yes.

"Sure, I'd like that." Chase replied and both pups smiled and waited for Jake to come out. The silence between them was really awkward, so one of them tried to start up a conversation to pass the time.

"So? What's going at the Lookout?" Everest asked.

"Uh...Skye is fixing up her helicopter and..." Chase quickly remembered that it would make the other pups look bad if they were playing without him. "...Zuma and Rubble are helping Ryder getting stuff at the gear shop while Marshall and Rocky are with Skye, trying to figure out what was wrong with the helicopter." Chase explained.

"So then, why aren't you helping?" Everest asked. Chase then began to sweat because he wasn't expecting that question.

"W-Well...I-" Luckily, Jake has walked out of the doors with bags in his hands, saving Chase without knowing it.

"Hey Everest...and, Chase?" Jake said, surprised to see Chase there with Everest.

"Hey Jake, how's it going?" Chase asked with a grin on his face.

"It's been going good, little dude. How've you been?" Jake returned the question with a grin on his face also.

"I've been doing great. I kind of ran into Everest today and she asked me if I could hang out with you and her for some time. Is that cool with you?" Chase asked, making sure he wasn't interrupting anything.

"Of course, dude. Come on, I'm thinking we get some food right now." Jake said and both Everest and Chase cheered. But on the inside, he was broken down even more, that Jake and Everest have probably forgot also.

A few minutes have passed and both Chase, Everest and Jake have finished eating at Mr. Porters café. Both of them walked out with smiles on their faces.

"Man, how does he do it? I wanna learn his recipe." Jake said

"Well, as they say, a Chef never reveals his recipe." Everest says and both Everest and Jake laughed and Chase just grinned.

"Anyways, what do you guys wanna do next?" Jake asked the two pups.

"I actually kind of wanna head back to the lookout, I'd to see the pups again." Everest said, which was true, but there was another certain pup she was wanting to meet back at the Lookout.