Chapter 36

The next morning they got into a bit of an disagreement. Jungkook thought Sun-Hee should stay home from school for the day and recover. But she thought differently.

"We soul-bonded all night long. I am at full strength. I am totally fine. I won't go anywhere after getting home from Big-Hit today and will wait here for you." She smiled and grabbed her backpack as if everything was decided.

Jungkook still looked a little doubtful. "That was a rough night last night, I would prefer you stayed here and rested today. But, if you insist, I guess I'll see you at lunch. We need to talk about our trip to Japan this weekend. I know Namjoon mentioned it but we need to work out the logistics." He grabbed her in a hug and gave her a long sweet kiss on the lips. "Mmmmm, that will definitely help me make it to lunch!" He called smiling, as he ran out of the door.

After Finance, Sun-Hee and Dae-Hyun walked out together. "I'm feeling so much better about that class after just one study session with you." He admitted.

"Me too! I understood most of today's lecture." Sun-Hee smiled while she waited for her coffee order.

"Do you feel up to studying again today?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure. But I need to stay at home today so would you mind studying at my apartment?" She sipped on her Frappuccino.

"Sure, text me your address. Shall we do three thirty again today?"

Sun-Hee texted him and nodded, "Sounds good, see you then." On her way to the next class she called the guards at her apartment to let them know Kim Dae-Hyun would be coming to see her today around 3:30pm.

After thoroughly enjoying both her art and poetry classes, Sun-Hee arrived at Big Hit Headquarters. She decided to head to the cafeteria first and fix a plate of food for her and Jungkook before meeting Jungkook at his office. She was feeling really good today. She didn't have a hint of a headache yet, so maybe they would be able to start bonding less frequently.

When she walked into the cafeteria the first person she saw was Dal, the bodyguard that had taken such good care of her at the concert. She smiled, she had never seen him at Big Hit before. She actually hadn't seen him since the night of the concert.

Sun-Hee smiled and waved and went over to say hello. "Dal, good to see you! I've never seen you here, how have you been?"

Dal looked at her warmly but before he could answer, they were interrupted by Jang-Mi who was sitting at a table nearby. "Well, none of us have seen him for the last couple weeks because some stupid bitch got herself hurt on his watch and he has been on administrative leave until the investigation was complete."

Sun-Hee's face dropped. Oh no, I got him in trouble! Dal saw how forlorn Sun-Hee was after Jang-Mi's thoughtless comment. He grabbed Sun-Hee's left hand with his left hand and put his right hand on her back effectively turning her away from all the eyes in the room. "Hey Sun-Hee let's chat outside, shall we?" He escorted her to a couple doors down the hall and ushered her into an empty office.

As he closed the door she was saying, "I'm so sorry! I'm so, so sorry! I got you in trouble? I had no idea!" Her face showed how badly she felt.

"No, no, not at all. I'm not in trouble. Please don't listen to Jang-Mi, she is angry and opinionated and usually wrong about everything. It is standard protocol, when there is an accident, that we get paid administrative leave until the investigation is complete. The investigation showed that I did nothing wrong, in fact they put a letter of commendation in my file for the way it was handled. I've now been promoted a bit. I'm going to start helping with investigations in addition to doing security. So, although I wish you'd never been hurt, it actually ended as well as possible for me."