Chapter 9

If I hadn't known that Rhys was past the stage of super quiet and instead at the point of being unusually quiet I would've forgotten he was even here with my brother and I as we'd taken out all my bought appliances and put them into the sockets, making sure they actually worked before we moved on to unboxing the next.

The only time Rhys actually spoke was when he was spoken to.

And honestly, I think the only time he would actually speak first is when he was angry, i'd come to that conclusion after remembering the first time i'd met him and he'd sounded like he was ready to set the building on fire, with everyone still in it.

"I just think that it'd look better over there." I told Ambrose who shook his head in disagreement with what i'd said, insisting that the huge flour filled bags had to be somewhere practical, not in some place that was practical and still made the my storage unit look neat.

"Literally only you and your employees would see the inside, practical over neatness."

No way in hell was that an actual thing to say.

Wait- employees?

I was actually so dense that I haven't even thought about that. I almost groaned but refrained from doing so, instead I looked around for Rhys before I found him, just to see him sitting on one of the barstools, doing something on his phone and and I grinned, "Rhys!"

His eyes lifted from his phone and he looked to me, still nothing on that damned handsome face, "Where would you put flour bags in your house?"

He rose a brow, staring at me with an expression that told me he probably thought I was an absolute idiot, "I wouldn't have flour bags in my house."

My brother snorted at that but nodded in silent agreement, Ambrose didn't have flour bags back at home either so he was one to talk about where I kept my damned flour.

"It really doesn't matter where you put it, its inside there, stop being difficult Dylan." Ambrose muttered as he'd put it right where he wanted it placed causing me to glare at him, he'd dropped it down and dusted his hands against each other, seconds away from speaking when his phone rang in his pocket and he slipped it out.

He'd answered it and began speaking to some people as he walked past me letting me hear briefly what it was about, it was work.

Even at 8pm on a Saturday night people spoke about work and it made me roll my eyes as I turned back around and sneakily dragged the flour over to where i'd wanted it, pulling the entire sack back further in till I dropped it in triumph, dusting my hands too with a grin.

I got out and closed the door behind me, looking to see white patches of flour on my shirt and pants because both were dark, it was much more noticeable than it'd been on my brothers white shirt.

"Shit." I muttered lowly as I walked around to sit by the counter, dusting my shirt off and I looked up from my shirt to see Rhys eye me before he rolled his eyes and looked away.

Hmph.

Jerk.

My brother walked back in and eyed me knowingly before shaking his head, a little smile on his face but he didn't question it, "I have to go."

I cocked my head to the side but it was Rhys who spoke, "Where?"

"Your fathers place, unless you-"

"No."

My brother rolled his eyes but nodded. "Thought so, can you take Dylan home then?"

Huh? What?!