Chapter 15 - Second Encounters

"I like this one." Jessica said as she pulled a pink evening dress from the rack. "But like, I don't know about the one shoulders thing.

I glanced at her as she put the dress against herself, trying to get an idea of how she would look in it. 

It wasn't half-bad. I think she should go with lavender or yellow though. It suited her better.

"I like this one." Angela said, looking in the mirror as she held a light blue dress in her hand. She was still wearing the satin blue dress before.

I spared her a glance before looking back at my newspaper. She would look better in red or a darker shade of blue.

"Bellz what do you think? Lavender?" Angela questioned as she looked at another dress. "Is that it? Is that my color?"

Jessica had returned hurriedly in excitement she looked in the mirror and admired herself along with Angela and she adjusted the chest a bit. 

I furrowed my brows, noticing how much it accentuated her bust. She was really trying to get and keep that boy's attention. I admired her persistence and ambition. 

I glanced over at Bella who wasn't really paying attention.

"I like it." Jessica complimented, looking at Angela. "I like that dusty rose one, too."

Her gaze then shifted back to her own reflection. "Okay, I like this one. It makes my boobs look good." she said with a confident smile.

I rolled my eyes. I was going to resume reading my newspaper when I heard commotion outside. I turned to find a few men outside, checking them and leering at them. With a frown, I watched as they shamelessly knocked on the window to get our attention and even catcall them. I looked at them with disgust. Such low lives. Its no wonder their desperate.

"Oh my god." Angela gawked in embarrassment before turning away from the window with her arms crossed over her chest protectively.

"That is uncomfortable." Jessica said awkward, feeling a sense of alarm and distaste.

"It's disgusting." she said, repulsed by their behavior.

"Men." I commented, flipping to the next page of the newspaper.

"Bella, what do you think?" Jessica asked, turning to her.

She wasn't really fond of the sudden change of atmosphere.

Bella looked up from her book and placed a bookmark in it.

"It looks great." Bella finally replied.

Jessica looked at her blankly. 

"You said that like about the last 5 dresses, though." she said jokingly, trying to hide her displeasure.

"Ah, well they're all pretty good." Bella replied awkwardly.

"You're not really into this, are you?" Angela stated.

Bella seemed a little lost for words.

"I actually really just wanna go to this bookstore, umm...." she stammered a little. "I'll me you guys at the restaurant?"

"Are you sure?" Angela asked as Bella stood and began to gather her things.

"Yeah." Bella said. "Yeah, I'll see ya in a minute."

"Okay." Jessica said watching her leave.

"'Kay" Angela replied.

At her departure, I took this as my cue to leave as well. It wasn't like they were asking for my opinion.