Chapter 56 - Bella's Birthday Disaster | Part 1

Emmett and Rosalie gently nudged me through the door and shut the door behind them when they were finally out. 

After I locked the door, Emmett opened the back of the Jeep door for me, waiting for me to get in. 

I thanked him and make my way up the seat. 

He made sure I was strapped in and secure before shutting the door and getting into the driver's seat. He started the car and pulled out the driveway, preparing to take me to school.

"You want to tell me what that was all about?" I look at Rose when I finally got my thoughts together.

"No." she answered.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"But I'll tell you anyway since I know you won't let it go." she continued. "I asked for her blessing."

"W-What?!" I stammered in shock.

Rosalie turned in her seat to look at me. 

"Listen up. We're not giving up on you." she looked me in the eyes with fierce determination that I've never seen before.

"Whether you believe in love or don't. Whether you trust us or not. Whether you want it or not. We will chase after you until you do. No matter how hard you push us away. No matter how many walls you try to hide behind. No matter how far you try to run. You are ours and we won't stop until we make you ours. Understand?" 

Her voice raised at that last part.

I looked at her, completely speechless.

"You are our mate, Iris. It doesn't matter if you faith in it. That fact will remain." Emmett said, looking through the rear-view mirror.

"We'll never leave you Iris and will always stand by your side. I don't care about what happened in the past. We were made for you and will forever be with you. Whatever you need for us to be, we'll be. Even if you don't want us, we will always want you and stay with you until you do. We love you Iris and that is something that no one will ever change."

My heart skipped a beat. 

I was stunned to silence. The whirl of emotion sent my head spinning and I was at loss of words. 

I was so unaware of my surroundings that I hadn't even noticed that we arrived at school.

When I comeback to reality, Rosalie was already waiting for me outside the door. 

I clumsily unbuckled my seat belt and stumbled out of the car. A pair of arms caught me by my waist before I could fall and helped me balance myself. 

My face went hot.

"I think we broke her, Rose." Emmett said in amusement.

Rose flicked my forehead, making me look up at her. Her expression matched his.

"I want to kiss you." she said, looking directly into my eyes. "But only if you say I can."

My eyes widened and my heart raced wildly. I couldn't say anything.

She stepped closer to mean and leaned in, invading my personal space.

"Can I?" she taunted with hints of seduction.

I wanted to tell her no but my words were stuck in my throat. 

She continued to lean in, her lips threatening to touch mine. 

I tensed.

"Use your words, Iris." she whispered, her voice as tempting as her lips.

I still struggled to speak.