Chapter 77

(A/N: Is it me or are things starting to get real interesting? I must admit I'm a little excited for this next act. I know you guys are ready to see Rose and Emmett, but I ask for a little more of your patience. Sorry if it seems like I'm dragging it, but I want to make sure I fully develop our MC before the grand reunion. I won't say much about it, but it will definitely be an interesting turn of events....😁)

---------------------------------------

Bella's POV

---------------------------------------

Today was.....tough.

I didn't want to wake up this morning.

Doing something as simple putting on a shirt felt hard.

I drug my feet downstairs this morning and forced myself to eat breakfast.

My dad took me to school.

When I go in, the first thing I want to do is throw up. I felt everyone's eyes on me and they whisper to each other as I walk the hallways.

I kept my head down, hugging myself.

Every class got drearier.

At lunch, I sat alone. Thankfully, no one came to find me.

The rest of the school day was a blur.

I'm relieved to see the police car pull up in front of my school. When I get in, I sit in back.

I look out the window as he pulls off, finding the place the Cullens used to park was now replaced with other cars. I feel a sharp pain in my chest as memories of our car rides and trips to school replayed in my head.

A lone tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it.

Everything hurts....

Even to breathe feels like torture.

Why didn't he understand it hurt me more to leave me than to be with me?

Everyday I feel like I'm dying. Everyday I feel trapped in abysmal darkness.

Why didn't he realize I couldn't live without him?

Why doesn't he realize that he is killing me? 

That I can't hate him? That I can't regret him? That I can't move on? That I fell too deep? To the point of no return?

He is my life and he is gone.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the car finally stops.

Seeing that we're home, I get out and drag myself to the door.

I feel Charlie's gaze on me as he walks up beside me to open the door.

He looks like he wants to say something, but probably doesn't know what to say. He finally sighs as if he had given up and opens the door for me.

I walk past him and go straight upstairs.

Once I get to my room, I shut the door behind me and sit my bookbag somewhere. I take off my coat and kick off my shoes before laying in bed.

I close my eyes and sigh.

Even my dreams taunt me without him.

I have no peace.