Chapter 23 - Time and Speculation

Wednesday came rather quickly. 

I did what I usually did in the morning which was get up, get ready, and make breakfast before leaving. After saying goodbye to my grandmother, I left out the house and walked to my new car. 

I grinned at the freshly recovered charger decorating my drive way. 

I still couldn't believe that this was the dusty, nearly broken car that I had purchased last Friday. They did a complete face-lift.

It was painted a military green with white vinyl stripes on the back of the car. All the car parts had been replaced and I had leather seats installed inside. I had the car detailed and placed better wheels on that didn't stand out too much, but worked well with the rest of the cars features. The car looked incredibly sexy and I knew I made the right choice in restoring a car rather than buying a new one.

After getting in, I placed my book bag on the passenger seat and started the car. Pressing the clutch, I shifted gears before putting my car in reverse and backing out. When I got onto the open road, I winded my window down and placed my arm out to feel the breeze.

It didn't take long for me to arrive to school. When I pulled up into a parking space, coincidentally, Paris' car pulled into the parking space beside mine. After the cutting the car off and setting the brake, I winded my window up and grabbed my book bag before getting out. 

Paris and Chloe where already standing outside, admiring my car in awe.

"Nice ride, hotshot." Paris complimented.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Whoa. When did you get this?" Chloe asked me.

"I got it over the weekend." I answered before moving toward the school.

"So that's why you didn't go to Mike's party?" Paris asked, walking up the stairs.

I nodded. "Although, I probably wouldn't have gone even I hadn't gone this weekend." I replied.

Paris rolled her eyes and Chloe looked at me quizzically.

"Why not?" she questioned.

"Mike is annoying." I said bluntly. "And he keeps sending me dirty looks for reasons unknown. I also don't like parties."

"What do you like?" Paris said with sarcasm.

"Silence." I reply.

"Okay well, we'll see you later, Liz." Chloe said as she and Paris turned another direction toward their class.

"Bye guys." I waved.

I pull out the make-up assignments from my bag as I approach the physics room. I believe we have a quiz today.