Chapter 122

——————————

Rosalie's POV

——————————

I stand at the door, watching Iris as she slept on the hospital bed.

Emmett is sitting beside her.

The rest of the family of the family with the exception of Jasper and Edward were in the room with us.

After I got the venom out, Carlisle brought her home and continued to treat her.

As he checked her vitals and ran a few tests, he found high traces of blood and alcohol in her system. However, that's a conversation for another day.

What's matters the most is that she wakes up.

She's been asleep for a day now and it's going on the second.

I don't know if it's the drugs or if the venom temporarily weakened her.

.....This is stressful.

"I'm sorry." Alice says.

No one responds.

"It's always so fucking hard to see her." She sounds frustrated.

"It's not your fault, Alice." Carlisle consoles. "Don't blame yourself for something you have no control over."

Alice looks at him before turning away.

She went and took a seat.

"I didn't check on her because I didn't want to...." She says. "I didn't check on her because I knew I couldn't see her and I didn't know why or how I couldn't."

"So how did you see her today, sweetheart?" Esme asks.

"I looked into Emmett and Rosalie's future when they decided to go see her today." Alice answers, looking between Emmett and I.

".....You were at her grave."

Emmett snaps his head toward her and I clench my fists.

"How did you find her?" Emmett says lowly.

"I found a cheat to it." Alice replies, trying not to sound proud. "I don't know what's blocking me or what's causing it, but since I couldn't look into Iris' future, I used the people around her to see her."

"That's how you knew she was at the guy's house, the other day." I conclude.

Alice nods.

The room falls silent again.

"Thank you....Alice." He meets her gaze. "She wouldn't be here, right now if it weren't for you."

Alice smiles at him.

"It's the least I can do." She says before looking at Iris. "She's family after all."

I feel a little warmth at her words, but I can't muster up a smile.

I simply nod to her.

Alice doesn't stay for long and eventually leaves, probably to go find Jasper.

Esme leaves, too, giving Emmett and I a comforting touch on the shoulder.

Carlisle is the last to leave after following up on Iris' vitals.

Finally, we were alone.

I move to sit on the other side of the bed.

"What are you thinking?" I interrupt the silence.

Emmett doesn't respond at first.

"What would have happened if we hadn't got there in time." He finally says.