Sneak Peek

I sit at my desk, reviewing the companies financial reports from the last 30 years.

Every since I took over Dominion, I've been busy housecleaning so I haven't had the time to review the companies financial performance in the last few decades.

I had a team of lawyers take some notes for me on the company policies and other legalities. As a matter of fact, I just got out of a meeting with them.

Essentially, everything's a hot mess.

It's a miracle that the place is still standing and our competitors haven't overtaken us.

When mom was here, I can tell she did her best to fix the mess Nicolae left. I have to salute her for maintaining this shit show. It couldn't have been an easy task.

Once I returned, I had to fight tooth and nail for my rights. I earned this chair, though it was far from fair. Then again, what about business is fair.

Only those who seize the opportunity survive.

And I was determined to be the few who did.

It took me a year to really sink my claws in and root myself in the company. And this past year, I've only been strengthening it.

What solidified my position as CEO was the acquisition of Toronto's bank in Canada.

It's wasn't an easy task and the Pierce group is a force to be reckoned with.

However....

I'm a greater force.

After a meeting with the group head, I had the company within a day.

Once I acquired the bank, I made plans to merge it with Dominion and executed it.

I remember the looks on everyone's face when I presented it to the board of directors.

No one could argue against it because the projections spoke for themselves. And most importantly....

Everyone makes money.

No one could refute the numbers.

The merger gave me 50% of the companies shares, giving me the most say.

Oh yes, those old geezers learned quickly not underestimate me and most tread lightly now.

Of course, you always have those few who can't stand to see someone young, let alone a woman, hold so much power on Wall Street.

But I'm not worried. I know how to keep the opposition in check.....and I'm not above silencing them.

"Ms. Collins?" My assistant calls me.

I look at the woman walking toward me.

She had pretty brown skin and big brown eyes. She was short and her hair was dyed a dirty blonde and styled into a pixie cut. She dressed very chic with a silk yellow blouse and a black pencil shirt that hugged her curvy figure nicely. She was wearing yellow heels and holding a tea cup and saucer in her hands.

She walks up to my desk and sits it down beside me.

"Here's some lavender tea." She says.

"Thank you, Rachel." I reply.

"You're welcome." She replies before glancing out the window. "You haven't slept since we departed."

"I'll sleep when we get to the hotel." I brush off.

"No you won't." Rachel rolls her eyes. "You haven't slept last night either, have you?"

"About an hour or two." I reply.