Chapter 68 - Friends

--------------------------------------

Chloe's POV

--------------------------------------

I walked to the lunchroom with minor smile on my face. 

My friend, Jill, was talking about this upcoming Soccer season. She had been playing since we were in middle school and was actually very talented at it. When we were freshmen, she was good enough to make Varsity team and last year, she was co-Captain. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she made Captain this year.

"Coach Linsdale has been trying to get me interested in LaCrosse." Jill chattered away. "She's the assistant coach for the local team, the Lady Eagles."

"Isn't that one of those dangerous sports?" I asked her.

"Ummm...not really." Jill said. "Aggressive, sure. From what I've seen, it's simple but fast paced. I guess that's why it looks so chaotic half of the time."

I nodded my head. 

"Did you get the rest Mrs. Winters' notes?" I asked sheepishly. "I kind of spaced out near the end."

"You seem to be doing that a lot lately." Jill said with a teasing tone. "Yeah I did. Just find me when you want them."

"Thanks." I said.

"Don't mention it." she said before walking toward her table. "Catch ya later, Linsfield."

I gave her a small wave and walked to the lunch line. 

After paying for my lunch, I headed over to my usual table. 

Parker and Grace was already there, making googly eyes at each other. Even now, the idea of those two dating is comical. They were complete opposites and never got along growing up. When they finally went public, I almost didn't believe it. 

I was happy for them, though. They made a cute couple.

"Hey guys." I greeted as I sat down.

"Sup, cabbage patch." Parker greeted.

I cringed. 

"Please don't call me that." I replied.

"But you look just like one." he grinned at me.

"Leave her alone, idiot." Grace slapped his arm before turning to me. "How are you, Chloe?"

"I'm good." I gave her a small smile.

"Hello everyone." Sam's chirpy voice interrupted.

"What's up, Sam." Parker greeted as she sat down.

"Hi, Sam." I said. "Cute outfit."

"Thanks! I just brought it!" she said.

"What's wrong, Sam?" Grace said, as blunt as ever.

The smile on Sam's face dropped a little and she let out a small sigh. 

Parker and I turned to Grace who shrugged her shoulders. She looked at Sam directly and waited on her answer.

"It's been almost a month, guys." Sam said sadly. "She hasn't been picking up my calls."

"Mine either." I added with a small frown on her face. "I stopped by her house a little over a week ago. No one answered."

"Yeah, my mom got the same response." Grace added. "So did Chief Swan."