Chapter 106 - Trouble Magnet

———————————

Bella's POV

———————————

I walk through the forest, looking for the familiar path I once took before.

I search for that special place. Our special place.

I wrote to Alice earlier.

Not that I'm expecting a response. But still an inkling of hope.

Even though I know I won't get an answer, I still can't help but write her.

She is my best friend, someone I can share anything with. She is the sister I never had.

After....after they left, even though I was angry and sad, I still wanted to tell her everything.

I told her about Jacob and how he ended our friendship. I tell her how bad things were and how I can't see Edward anymore. How, with Jacob is gone and Edward disappearing, I feel like I can't stand it.

I hate this feeling and I wonder if I can really forget him and feel that he never existed, despite him leaving.

I don't want to forget him.

I decided to find the place where I can see him again.

So, here I am, stalking through these vast woods, looking for it.

I hear something snap behind me and I turn to find the source of that sound.

It was just Iris.

She was looking, seemingly in awe of her surroundings.

Her hands were touching the trees and she picked up leaves and cones, looking fascinated.

I look away with a sigh.

I've never seen anyone so happy to be outside in the sticks.

With her reactions, it was as if she was having an adventure and discovering new things.

I don't know whether to be amused or worried.

I peek at her from time to time, making sure she did wander off or trip and fall over something.

It's interesting because I'm usually the one doing all the tripping and falling.

We get to a small stream and follow it down.

Iris picks up rocks and tosses them into the stream, trying to skip it over the water.

She fails terribly.

However, she keeps trying and seems to be having fun.

I almost smile at how childlike she looks at the moment.

I'm not quite sure why I brought Iris along or why she agreed for that matter.

It was more on a whim when I called her. I didn't expect her to agree though.

I'm suddenly curious why she tagged along.

"I wasn't expecting you to come, you know." I speak for the first time since we've been here.