Chapter 49 - Shopping

I moaned at the sound of my alarm going off. 

Without looking at the clock, my arm pops out from beneath the comforter and shuts off the damn noise. I lay in bed for a minute, not really wanting to get up. 

About five minutes later, I force myself out of bed and head to the bathroom to get ready.

After handling what was hygienically necessary, I came out in a bra and pantie set and got to my closet. I scratch my head, trying to decide what I want to wear. I finally settled on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a My Chemical Romance crop topped. I threw on a pair of Chuck Taylor's and topped it off with a matching varsity jacket. 

I look at myself in the mirror and nodded approvingly before heading out to the kitchen.

"Good morning, grandma." I greeted as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning, sweetheart." my grandmother said, eating oatmeal at the table.

"Any plans for the day?" I ask, grabbing a box of Frosted Flakes from the top of the refrigerator.

"I'll probably knit a little bit and watch some T.V. with a few naps in between." she answered.

I frown as I pour milk into my bowl of cereal. 

I've noticed that she sleeps more often lately. 

When I asked the doctor about it during her appointment Tuesday, he said that they couldn't find anything wrong with her and that it was probably the effects of her medication. I was skeptical about it, but took the doctor's word for it. He was the professional after all. 

It didn't stop me from worrying though.

"We'll solve a puzzle when we get back home today." I say, taking a seat at the table.

She doesn't say anything and continues to eat her oatmeal. 

It doesn't take me long to finish my bowl and I go back for a second serving. After finishing my meal, I take my dirty dishes to the sink and rinse them before setting them in the dishwasher. 

I walked over to my grandma and plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Love you." I say as I go pick up my backpack.

"Love you, too." she replied back. "Have a good day at school."

"I will." I reply, walking out the door.

I lock the door before turning to go to my car. 

However, I was caught off guard by the sight of familiar red Mercedes in my driveway. I paused for a second before slowly walking towards the car. I stopped at the back door and opened it before getting in. 

In the driver's seat was no one other than Rose and in the passenger seat was Alice.

"Hi Liz!" Alice greeted brightly.

"Good morning, Alice." I reply to her before looking at Rosalie. "Rose."

"Hey gorgeous." she looked at me through the rearview mirror.

I turn my head toward the window, hiding the pink tint of my cheeks. 

I huffed in annoyance and Alice laughed. I hear Rosalie chuckle and she put the car in reverse to pull out of my driveway. Only when I'm able to force down my blush do I turned to face the front again. 

I noticed that Alice was a lot more quiet than usual.

"Where's Emmett?" I inquired.

"He drove." Rosalie answered. "Jasper is riding with him."