Chapter 87 - Time and Space

(A/N: FUCK!!! The weekend went by so fucking fast!!! Time is leaving us in the dust!)

It's Monday, December 22.

Three days until Christmas.

Right now, I'm in my room, packing a duffle bag with enough clothes for a week or so.

Sam isn't talking to me.

We got into an argument this morning about me leaving for the rest of break.

I'm not sure what her issue is, but its very draining, to say the least.

Skylar was bunking with Sam, but I told her she could take my room while I was gone. Of course, she had no issue with it and even offered to help pack my bags.

She's a troll, but she isn't so bad.

She's surprisingly quiet, preferable to the talkative Sam. 

Seriously, I've never met someone who could hold a conversation with themselves for more than an hour. I've got to hand it to her though, that is quite a talent.

Anyway, more of Sam's family has been coming over and I've never been a fan of a lot of company.

The Lees went to South Korea for the holidays, so they weren't an option. The only person I could really think of was Chief Swan.

So, I called Charlie last night.

I asked if I could stay for the rest of break and he said yes without hesitation. He didn't ask me why, which I appreciated. It's always a drag to explain myself.

So, today Chief is picking me up.

Hopefully sooner than later.

"You're still here." Skylar says, bursting through the door without my permission.

I ignore her and finish packing.

Skylar plops on my bed and looks at the ceiling.

Neither one of us say anything.

"Hey..." she says out of the blue.

I don't reply and sit my bag on the floor.

"Is Forks as boring as it looks?" she asks.

"Depends." I tell her.

"On what?" she questions.

"What you make of it?" I say.

I feel her glare at me and I raise an eyebrow.

"I swear I'm getting out of this place as soon as I get the chance." she huffs.

"Same here." I mutter to myself.

"Where are you going?" Skylar asks.

"Don't know." I say. "You're in my space."

Skylar looks at me and rolls her eyes before getting off my bed.

I get in bed and lay down.

"I want to go to Seattle." she finds a seat. "LA was cool but definitely a pop place."

"What about your band?" I entertain her on a whim.

Skylar goes quiet.

I simply stare at the ceiling, waiting for an answer.

When I don't receive one, I close my eyes and enjoy the quiet. I begin to focus on the emptiness, feeling pulled into its dark embrace.

"We're disbanded for now...." she says quietly, getting my attention.