Chapter 123 - A Dangerous Request

I quietly sit in the back seat of the Mercedes.

Rosalie and Emmett are in front, equally silent.

Everything feels weird.

As Carlisle gave me a check up, I was coming to terms that my missing friend had become a vampire....and tried to kill me.

I'm surprised that I'm able to remember everything from that night. I was cross faded as hell.

But like a puzzle, my memories began to piece themselves together.

By the time Carlisle was done, my head was clear and my memories were completely in tact. I could even remember what I did earlier that day.

Once I accept what happened, I was able to think about the more important things.

Like what exactly happened to Paris and how could I explain all this to the band and to her family?

Most importantly, where is she now?

I think the most exhausting thing about the situation is that I couldn't do this alone.

My friends can't do much and the police is out of the question unless they have some supernatural task force I don't know about.

I have to many questions and not enough answers or means of getting those answers.

There was only one family that could get them.

The Cullens....

The thought of asking for their help gives me a headache.

I 100% do not want to involve myself with that family ever again. It's a 7-course recipe for trouble.

Even though I feel like shit half the time, my life has been much easier without them in it and I'd like it to stay that way if I can help it.

However....

Can I honestly go on with the band that she worked so hard to build without her?

Can I face Chloe, knowing that her cousin is dead, but undead?

The answer is, no matter how much of an asshole I am and how indifferent I can be, I wouldn't be able look them in their eye.

I'd be ridden with guilt.

That's why I can't sit this one out.

I can't dissociate myself.

Because I know. And I'm the only one that knows what happened to Paris.

I feel the car stop and I look out the window.

We're down the street from Sam's house.

I frown and look at the vampires up front.

I don't recall telling them exactly where "home" was. I was expecting them to take me to my grandma's place.

But here we are, in Sam's neighborhood.

Do I even want to know how they knew I was staying there?

I quietly sigh to myself, pinching my nose.

Don't ask about it, Iris.

At least they took you where you wanted to go.

"You asked us not to kill her." Rosalie suddenly spoke.

I look up to find her staring at me through her rear view mirror.

Her eyes are cold and unreadable.

I sit up in my seat.