Chapter 95 - Back to School

BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP

My eyes open at the sound of my alarm.

I lay there a minute before letting go of Bella to turn over and look at my watch.

Jan. 5 | 5:00:07 AM

I blurrily make out.

I grunt as I sit up and swing my legs over the bed. I sit there for a minute, trying to wake myself up.

I wipe my eyes before putting on my glasses and stand to my feet.

I yawn as I leave the room and head to the bathroom.

After a minute nap on the toilet, I force myself to get up and wash my hands before removing my glasses to splash cold water on my face.

I go ahead and brush my teeth and cleanse my face while I'm at the sink.

Once I finish, I go back to Bella's room to get dressed.

I grab a pair of jeans, a striped top, a navy blue button up, and some high socks. I leave my hair messy and head downstairs to start breakfast.

Charlie comes running down the stairs 6 o'clock on the dot.

"Good morning." he greets me.

He comes around and hugs me, planting a kiss on my head.

A warm buzz crawls up my skin and I look at him in surprise.

Charlie doesn't catch my dubious gaze, fixing himself a cup of the fresh coffee I brewed.

"Ready for school today?" he asks me.

"I guess." I shrug.

"Its almost the end of the year." he takes a seat at the table. "Only few more months until you're graduating seniors."

He sounds sad at the last part.

I fix him a plate of eggs, bacon, pancakes, and hashbrown and bring it to the table.

"We don't stay kids forever." I say, sitting the plate in front of him.

"Unfortunately." he sighs. "You'll always be kids in my eyes, though."

"True words of an old man." I joke.

"Hey, I maybe old but I still got some youth in me." Charlie says. "Don't let the mustache fool you. I can still run circles around you kids."

"I highly doubt that." I fix myself a mug of coffee before making a plate for myself.

"What? So you think this badge here is just for show?" he says, offended. "Not any old Joe can march around and call themselves Chief. I earned this title, kid."