Chapter 25 - The Usual Day

----------------------------------------------

Emmett's POV

----------------------------------------------

Today, I went to school in a fairly good mood. The first reason being that it was Friday. Secondly, Iris would be over at our house most of the weekend. I was excited to spend the weekend with her and I knew that Rose was too, even though she tried to hide it.

I kissed Rose goodbye as we separated upon entering the school building.

I had Physical Education in the mornings while Rose took piano. It was the only period we didn't have together.

After changing into my P.E. uniform, I made my way to the gymnasium where everyone was gathering. I saw Bella sitting on the benches with a cast on her leg. I sent her a friendly wave and she returned it. 

I made my way to where the boys were assembled and I immediately stood out. 

I was 6'5" and one of the bulkiest guys in class. Paired with the unnatural color of my eyes, there was no way I could hide myself completely. 

I could hear a few girls whispering and looking my direction, but I ignored them as usual. There were only two women in my eyes and one didn't even know it yet. 

I smirked at that thought. 

I couldn't wait for Iris to join Rose and I. She was a bit on the skinny side, but it didn't take away from her strikingly good looks she always tried to hide for some reason. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts at the angry blow of the whistle.

"Alright, class!" the coach's voice boomed, silencing everyone and grasping their attention.

"Today, I'll be dividing the class by gender! Boys will remain inside and the girls will go out to the track field." Coach Howard announced. "Coach Smith will be with the girls, working through cardio workouts while I will be working with the boys in weightlifting. Everyone clear?"

"Yes, coach!" Everyone responded.

"Good." Coach Howard replied before turning to Coach Smith and nodded to her.

"Girls, lets head out." she said.

One by one, the girls began to walk out of the gym. 

Bella was being helped by her friends as they walked out the back exit toward the outside fields. I watched as her retreating for disappear out the door before turning to look back at my coach.

"Okay, boys. Let's head up to the weight room." he replied.

We all follow him to our destination. A few of the guys looked excited while a couple of others dreaded the idea. 

I fell behind in silence, leaning my head to the side a little to keep from bumping the top of the door post as I entered the weight room. The place wasn't big, but not small either. It was decent looking and the equipment was only a few years old, considered fairly new in a small place like this.

"Like before, we'll go through rotation. Partner up and spot each other. I'm going to give out your workout logs for you to record your results. You'll write reflection essays Monday." he announced.

Several boys groaned at that last part. 

I didn't say anything and waited for the forms to be passed out. Once I received mine, I found one of silent, nerdy types and asked if he wanted to be partners. Poor guy could only nod out of shock and fear when I approached him.