Chapter 127 - Graduation

I stand in front of the mirror, buttoning my gray vest (See outfit above).

I grab the tie off the sink counter and begin to tie it around my neck. Once I'm done, I put on an old necklace my grandmother owned. When I open it, I see an old picture of her and my grandfather when they were young. On the other side is a picture of my mother when she was just a toddler.

After staring at it, I close it and my hand tightens around it.

I wonder what they would say if they were here right.

Would they smile at me?

Would grandma be happy with the person I've become?

Last week, I got my acceptance letter to Oxford.

Even though I wasn't valedictorian this year, my past academic achievements spoke up for me.

I plan on leaving at the end of summer.

I straighten my clothes and pull part of my hair into a ponytail.

I walk out the bathroom and head downstairs, grabbing my leather jacket on the way.

"Okay, that's one senior." Mr. Roberts says as soon as he sees me. "Where's my other one?"

"I'm coming!" Sam yells from upstairs.

"That's what she said." Finn snickers. "Ow!"

"Act your age." Mrs. Roberts scolds him.

"Oh my gosh!" Terry comes up to me and gives me a hug. "I'm so happy for you, Liz! Tam told me about Oxford!"

"Yeah." Julius greets me as well. "That's an impressive accomplishment. What do you plan on studying?"

"Computer Science." I tell him.

"Did she also tell you about MIT and Stanford?" Finn brags. "I didn't know I had been living with a genius this entire time. Hey, when you get big, don't forget about your big brother! It hasn't been easy raising two teens."

"Raising who?" Mrs. Roberts puts a hand on her hip. "Where were you these past 8 years? What bills do you pay? The only thing you've raised in all 26 years of your life is the mold under your bed."

Finn blushes.

"Mom!" He exclaims.

The rest of the family laughs and Finn glares at them.

"Why am I always the butt end of a joke? Are you really my family?" He says bitterly. "Did you really give birth to me?"

Mrs. Roberts pulls his ear.

"Of course I did." She replies. "Your father sure as hell didn't spend 9 hours in labor and pushed you out his dick."

"I helped make him." Mr. Roberts speaks up.

Mrs. Roberts glares at her husband and he quickly shut up.

"Sam is coming downstairs." I announce, getting everyone's attention.

I quietly watch her descent down the steps.

She was wearing a flower skirt with a ruffled crop top. It was paired with fake diamonds and cream colored heels.

 It was paired with fake diamonds and cream colored heels