Chapter 94 - Misery Loves Company

Its super late when we leave the Clearwaters.

Leah and I stayed up all night talking and enjoying each other's company.

I surprisingly liked the Quileute girl.

She was honest and real. She reminded me of Grace, but without the condescension.

We were talking when Sue came in and suggested that I take Charlie home. 

When I got to the living room, he and Harry were passed out on the couch. Seth had turned in for the night and Sam and Emily had already gone home.

Seeing that it was pushing 3 o'clock in the morning, I agreed.

Sue went and got Seth to help me get Charlie to car, and with all three of our strength combined, we got him there.

I thanked Sue for the meal and she embraced in a hug and told me that we could come back for leftovers tomorrow.

She also told me to drive safe.

I saluted her and got the driver seat of car, hence our current situation:

Charlie is drunk and I had to drive home.

As I drive down the road, I occasionally glance at Charlie.

It's a little weird seeing him wasted.

"I'm sorry." I hear him say.

I glance at him and see him resting his head on the seat with his eyes closed.

"I've embarrassed myself today." he sighs.

I don't reply, paying attention to the road.

It takes about an half an hour to reach the Swan residence.

I park in front of the house and turn off the cruiser.

I unbuckle myself to get out and Charlie does the same.

I walk over to him and stay beside him as we walk up to the porch and climb the stairs.

The guy was swaying so I had to make sure he didn't fall.

I hold my hand out for the keys and he gives them to me to open door.

I open the door for him and guide him into the house. I make sure to close and lock the door behind before putting the keys up and running to catch Charlie who was already going up the stairs.

"I got it." he tries to shew me away. "This is nothing."

"Until you trip over air." I say, never leaving his side. "Who's going to keep this place safe if you're in the hospital?"

"......"

He simply grunts and we trek up the stairs to his room.

I stop at the threshold of his room when we get there.

I watch take off his watch and jacket, then plop on the bed.

"Rest easy, Charlie." I grab the door knob and start to close the door.

"Mmhm." He hums as it closes.

I sigh and head straight to the bathroom.

After securing the lock on the door, I strip and hop in the shower.

I wash myself then rinse before turning the water off. I pull back the curtains and grab the towel from the rack next to me. I step onto the cold floor after drying each foot.

I wrap the towel around my body and pick my clothes off the floor.

I leave the bathroom and go to Bella's room.