Chapter 92

It's getting late.

After Leah had run away, everyone had been in a frenzy trying the find her.

Jacob, Billy, and his adopted son, Ephraim (who they called Ray), arrived an hour or two after she left.

Seth had been sent out to go look for her, but he came back empty handed.

Everyone grew increasingly worried.

A little over 3 hours had passed and Ephraim had snapped.

He ran out the house to find her, ignoring Billy's protests and Harry called Sam (?).

Sam was there within an hour and another girl with him.

The first thing I noticed about her was the huge scar on her face. I tried not to stare, but it was hard not too when it was so noticeable and painful.

Sam glared at me and pushed her behind him when I laid eyes on her and I frowned at him before looking away.

I can admit, I was being rude, but he looked like he wanted to kill me, which I didn't understand.

Anyway, Sam runs out to look for Ephraim and bring Leah home.

Ephraim was the first to return.

There was a sour look on his face and his hand was busted.

"Oh my god!" Sue exclaimed and ran over to him.

I don't know how he did it, but it really looked messed up. 

His skin was split open and blood was leaking out of it. It was nasty.

Sue hurriedly got him a towel and told Billy to take him to hospital to have it looked at and fixed.

Billy grumbled something under his breath and he and Jacob left to take him to the hospital.

All that was left was for Sam to return with Leah which took about an hour.

When he finally walked through the door, carrying Leah princess-style, Harry and Sue looked so relieved.

Charlie had looked relieved as well, though he was upset they didn't want him calling the rest of the police force.

I heard that the Quileute helped him find Bella when she went missing and knowing him, he was probably feeling indebted.

After Sue stressed over her daughter, Sam took her to her room and Emily followed.

They all came back downstairs moments later, looking half relieved, half worried.

"How is she?" Harry stood from his seat.

"She's okay for now." Sue sighed. "I'm going to give her sometime to warm up before checking up on her."

Harry and Sue shared a look.

Sue tore her eyes away with hints of guilt.

"You mind coming to help me in the kitchen, dear?" she said to Emily.

"Of course, Aunt Sue." Emily smiled.

Sam grabbed her and gave Emily kiss before letting go.

The girl blushed and quickly ran behind Sue.

The atmosphere became tense.

Seth shifted uncomfortably on floor and he pursed his lips, his face was contorted into an angry frown.

"Are you going to guard the kitchen all night or are you going to have seat?" Harry took his seat and looked at Sam.

"I'll sit." Sam bowed his head sheepishly and took a seat on the other side of the couch.