Chapter 99 - Changes

-----------------------------------

Bella's POV

-----------------------------------

I wake up with a pair of arms wrapped around me.

I sigh to myself and look around as I try to get up. The arms around me tighten, making it hard to get up.

"Iris." I tug her arm. "I gotta pee."

She loosens her hold around me, allowing me to get out of bed.

I open the door and make my way down the hall to the bathroom.

After I finish my business, I flush the toilet and wash my hands.

I look at myself in the mirror.

I have more color to my skin and the area around my eyes has lightened up. I still look tired (because I am), but it's less zombie-like.

Compared to a month ago, I look much healthier. More alive.

And it's all thanks to Jacob.

Without him, I wouldn't be able to come out of the house.

He made me feel like I could breathe again and he was so warm. Like my own personal sun.

Whenever he'd laugh or simply smile, I could feel his joy and happiness and I begin to feel happy too. That void I was feeling slowly disappeared and was filled with his warmth.

He became the light in my darkness.

I smile a little and take a deep breath.

I ponder things for a while before turning the light off and returning to my room.

I close the door behind me and see Iris turned over in bed.

I quietly watch her as she sleeps.

I don't know when it happened but she started to change a lot after winter break.

She's barely home anymore and she started to disappear every weekend.

I noticed she got new piercings and she has tattoos on her arms now. She dresses darker and sometimes, her clothes are a little revealing.

I see her around school sometimes and she's always with someone, talking and laughing. They're either her friends or the school dubbed delinquents.

She even smells of cigarettes sometimes and I never known her to smoke.

I wonder what's going on with her.

Even though she bunks up with me here and there, we don't really talk. And we rarely see each other during the day.

I wonder if it's her way of coping.

Like how this new need of adrenaline is my way of coping.

I look at her for a little bit before joining her in bed.